Gazjam
08-03-2009, 15:06
just read another forum. :confused:

Mike
08-03-2009, 15:08
And? :scratch:

Gazjam
08-03-2009, 15:10
and, until I see the evidence for myself I wont believe it.

I'm saying no more. :(

Mike
08-03-2009, 15:12
Errrr..... right.

Marco
08-03-2009, 15:26
Gaz, can you supply a link to what you're on about matey? :)

Ta!

Marco.

Krisbee
08-03-2009, 15:54
I wonder if you are talking about the attempted mugging I was subjected to elsewhere?

Mike
08-03-2009, 15:56
What is this 'elsewhere' of which you speak? :scratch:

Krisbee
08-03-2009, 16:59
What is this 'elsewhere' of which you speak? :scratch:

Gazjam is probably taking about something completely unrelated to me. But you know what some forums can be like. In my case, all I'll say is I was an innocent abroad and wondered into a firing zone. We don't need that kind of negativity here.

leo
08-03-2009, 17:05
Are we wired up here or what:confused:

Gazjam
08-03-2009, 17:12
Gazjam is probably taking about something completely unrelated to me. But you know what some forums can be like. In my case, all I'll say is I was an innocent abroad and wondered into a firing zone. We don't need that kind of negativity here.

Krisbee, I've no idea what your talking about matey., bu it sounds good!

Share with the group!

leo
08-03-2009, 17:23
OK, I had to search around, I presume you mean a certain Bashing thread??

Gazjam
08-03-2009, 18:08
Yes Leo, that one.

Everyone deserves right of reply, and until I see evidence I give benefit of the doubt.

leo
08-03-2009, 18:15
Yes Leo, that one.

Everyone deserves right of reply, and until I see evidence I give benefit of the doubt.

Just actually had a read through it all and understand now why you said Oh dear:(

I totally agree though Gaz, I think its best to see proper evidence or at least let the persons accused have their say before coming to any conclusions

Marco
08-03-2009, 18:27
I'm with you guys on this, so let's give Stan the opportunity to explain himself before we all start adding up 2 + 2 and coming to 10 :)

Marco.

Gazjam
08-03-2009, 18:36
Anyway guys...

This is just drawing attention to another forums squabbles - which goes against the Ethos.

But AOS being a what it is; mabye its a good place to discuss things?

Thanks,
gary.

Marco
08-03-2009, 18:44
Yep - and thanks for respecting our Ethos, Gary.

However, this situation is slightly different; it's not so much about discussing squabbles on other forums but a respected member and trader in our community being given the opportunity to defend himself and answer the (quite serious) claims being made elsewhere. His credibility and business reputation is at stake.

We now await Stan's reply with much interest :)

Marco.

StanleyB
08-03-2009, 18:49
I'm with you guys on this, so let's give Stan the opportunity to explain himself before we all start adding up 2 + 2 and coming to 10 :)

Marco.
Since I don't know which forum it is, and I probably don't have a right of reply, I am sure it is aimed at counter acting the run away success of the TC-7520. At the end of the day all you guys who have bought and tried the TC-7520 can quite easily imagine why it would be a thorn in the side of many whose livelihood depends on the sale of expensive equivalents. I shall continue to work on and develop affordable solutions to otherwise expensive stuff for as long as there is a market for me and my products. I don't have time to be distracted by sabotage attempts orchestrated by mods or admins on some sites.

STan

drumlins4ever
08-03-2009, 19:51
Hey Stan
The Forum in question is hifi wigwam.
Any dealers on wigwam must pay a subscription fee (thats their policy ,like it or not).
I heard that you declined to pay this fee(which is fine) but got extremely abusive to some of the wigwam staff in the aftermath?
Can you clarify what happened?

leo
08-03-2009, 20:11
Its not the fiasco which happened on that forum drumlins4ever, its far more serious IMO and was posted on a headphone based forum ,I don't normally discuss one forum on another forum but as Marco mentioned this situation is different.

Anyway its not up to me what happens, its just I don't like to see people get treated unfairly if what they get accused of is BS

I've said my bit so will leave it at that

StanleyB
08-03-2009, 20:20
Hey Stan
The Forum in question is hifi wigwam.
Any dealers on wigwam must pay a subscription fee (thats their policy ,like it or not).
I heard that you declined to pay this fee(which is fine) but got extremely abusive to some of the wigwam staff in the aftermath?
Can you clarify what happened?
I think that you are now aware of another discussion on a different site;).
But to answer the question you posed: I have heard this mentioned several times, even on the site you mention. I can categorically say that heated exchanges took place between me and some mods regarding certain issues. I can also let it be known that I had a free trade membership on the site, which was fully authorized by the main administrator. You and anyone else are free to confirm this with him. I bear the site you refer to no ill will. Many of its members have bought my products and I still offer them a member discount just as I have been offering to AoS members:). If I was upset with them I wouldn't extend such an offer to their members, unless they were also a member of AoS.

Stan

StanleyB
08-03-2009, 20:32
Its not the fiasco which happened on that forum drumlins4ever, its far more serious IMO and was posted on a headphone based forum ,I don't normally discuss one forum on another forum but as Marco mentioned this situation is different.
Those guys have sponsors who have seen a loss of sales due to my success. They have been attacking me for years. The TC-7510 made a big dent in some other DAC sales. But the TC-7520 is an even greater threat. A lot of people have been doing some good trade with their (expensive) headphone amps. The launch of the TC-7520 with the inclusion of a headphone amp that is making big headwaves is bound to upset even more people. But when the penny drops and potential buyers come to realize that the TC-7520 allows people to get their cake and eat it, I'll have the last laugh:). Just imagine for the K701 alone you have had to pay some good money for an amp that can drive them. At a stroke the TC-7520 cuts that added expensive down to a minimum. Wouldn't that alone drive you:steam: if your site income depended on certain types of sponsors? If you guys read carefully, the claimed issue was started by a mod. Have you ever heard of a thread where the mods start an attack on a manufacturer? Any lawyer in the house?

Stan

Marco
08-03-2009, 20:46
I think that I've heard enough now to realise that the nonsense on Head-fi is simply a malicious attempt to discredit Stan's business by disgruntled parties with an obvious agenda.

I guess that success brings its own problems... What this sorry episode should do is strengthen the relationship between Stan and his customers and provide him with the resolve to design even better products than ever and stick one in the eye of those behaving so disgracefully and maliciously. These people really should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Onwards and upwards, people - business as usual! :)

Marco.

drumlins4ever
08-03-2009, 21:00
I think that you are now aware of another discussion on a different site;).
But to answer the question you posed: I have heard this mentioned several times, even on the site you mention. I can categorically say that heated exchanges took place between me and some mods regarding certain issues. I can also let it be known that I had a free trade membership on the site, which was fully authorized by the main administrator. You and anyone else are free to confirm this with him. I bear the site you refer to no ill will. Many of its members have bought my products and I still offer them a member discount just as I have been offering to AoS members:). If I was upset with them I wouldn't extend such an offer to their members, unless they were also a member of AoS.

Stan

Thanks Stan

racey
08-03-2009, 21:56
Do we accept that the forum in question is incorrect in stating that the member was posting under several aliases?

Krisbee
08-03-2009, 22:06
All I can say is I hope sense prevails at AOS. I made two posts at Head-fi this week as "BrightSpark" asking q's about the TC-7520 and was basically accused of being Stan in disguise.

I wouldn't mind, but I'm better looking :lol:

Actually, I did mind, I minded a lot, and reacted angrily.

Now I have more of an idea what the hell was going on there, my own opinion is this was just a ploy for a particular individual to continue a vendetta and spoil a thread started to discuss the TC-7520.

I'd hate to see AOS infected with this kind of negativity

leo
08-03-2009, 22:10
Those guys have sponsors who have seen a loss of sales due to my success. They have been attacking me for years. The TC-7510 made a big dent in some other DAC sales. But the TC-7520 is an even greater threat. A lot of people have been doing some good trade with their (expensive) headphone amps. The launch of the TC-7520 with the inclusion of a headphone amp that is making big headwaves is bound to upset even more people. But when the penny drops and potential buyers come to realize that the TC-7520 allows people to get their cake and eat it, I'll have the last laugh:). Just imagine for the K701 alone you have had to pay some good money for an amp that can drive them. At a stroke the TC-7520 cuts that added expensive down to a minimum. Wouldn't that alone drive you:steam: if your site income depended on certain types of sponsors? If you guys read carefully, the claimed issue was started by a mod. Have you ever heard of a thread where the mods start an attack on a manufacturer? Any lawyer in the house?

Stan

Thank you Stan!
Hopefully some of the members over there are also reading this!

Beechwoods
08-03-2009, 22:16
I think Stan's 600+ posts, enthusiasm for hi-fi in general, and the great relationship he has with other forum members here, speaks volumes. I don't think anyone here can speak for other forums, what they may or may not think. As far as I'm concerned it's what goes on here that's important :)

StanleyB
08-03-2009, 22:18
Do we accept that the forum in question is incorrect in stating that the member was posting under several aliases?
Have I got a right of reply on that site to debunk any claims made against me? Is my DAC a financial threat to many of their sponsors? Is it normal for mods on a site to start a thread on attacking a member and his product after they first make sure he can't reply? Is my DAC making enemies of me? The usual suspects on that site have been having a go at me for years. I offered cheap long distance selling, a product that has a money back guarantee, features that are yet to be matched by anything else at that price, and one of the fastest and best helpline service in the world. Do you think that would make me enemies or not;)?

Stan

StanleyB
08-03-2009, 22:28
All I can say is I hope sense prevails at AOS. I made two posts at Head-fi this week as "BrightSpark" asking q's about the TC-7520 and was basically accused of being Stan in disguise.

I wouldn't mind, but I'm better looking :lol:

Actually, I did mind, I minded a lot, and reacted angrily.

No doubt the claimed other aliases are from genuine members who must be really fuming as well that they have been accused of being me. It's an obvious witch hunt that is going to come back and bite them one day. I am not sure that some of their sponsors would be happy to be associated with a site where these sort of things are allowed to go on. It's supposed to be an equipment forum, not a place to whip up hatred against a manufacturer and member. No self respecting manufacturer would put long term faith in being exempt from the same treatment on that site forever.

Marco
08-03-2009, 22:38
I'd hate to see AOS infected with this kind of negativity

No chance!!!

:)

Marco.

Krisbee
08-03-2009, 22:52
I've just seen the most delicious irony. On vieiwing the last message at that other place where a thread started with the sole aim to discuss the TC-7520 has been hijacked and spoilt. Guess what graphic can be seen mid-page? It's an ebay ad featuring three tc-7510 auctions. :lolsign::lolsign:

racey
08-03-2009, 23:17
No doubt the claimed other aliases are from genuine members who must be really fuming as well that they have been accused of being me. It's an obvious witch hunt that is going to come back and bite them one day. I am not sure that some of their sponsors would be happy to be associated with a site where these sort of things are allowed to go on. It's supposed to be an equipment forum, not a place to whip up hatred against a manufacturer and member. No self respecting manufacturer would put long term faith in being exempt from the same treatment on that site forever.
So you weren't posting under several aliases then?

Marco
08-03-2009, 23:20
He's already addressed that question more than adequately, so why are you repeating it again? Do you have some hidden agenda you should be telling us about?

Marco.

SamJones
09-03-2009, 00:25
I just cannot believe anyone from a technical background could be so uninformed as to use a static IP address for multiple identities on the same forum! Viral marketing is just not conducted in such an easily detected way. I do sense the whiff of a smear campaign here.

tizer2000uk
09-03-2009, 01:04
I own 2 of Stan's Dacs and I'm very happy indeed with both of them, in fact I'm guessing that most people who own them are pretty damn happy themselves. It's crazy that having so many of Stan's customers openly enthusiastic on the web could create negative publicity despite his products gaining acclaim in the media!

With so many people willingly giving out praise of these DAC's it would make no sense for Stan to waste his time adding to it in such an obvious way, a man running a business has far better things to do such as providing good customer service and improving his products than attempting to try and discredit himself.

This definately has all the hallmarks of a smear campaign.

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 01:09
Its not the first time Sam.

This shits being going on for years.
There is SOMETHING going on...

Without right of reply on that Site, its fair to say its a bit one sided?

Thats why I decided to keep this thread open. I wanted it closed originally, as I didn't want to draw the bad vibes over here.

BUT,
AOS promotes fairness amongst its ethos, so its given Stan a fair say in reply.

AND, as you say Sam....
Its really easy to set up a dynamic IP Address so that the same person could appear to post from different locations.

So why not just do that?

Think the answers clear...

To Stan,
I've bought your products for a few years now. I will continue to.
This is based PURELY on the quality/price ratio.

I've got a system now that sounds so good, one which I could never have afforded normally. So your products have got me closer to that "sound" us music junkies all hear in our heads.

So keep up the good work, theres certainly a market for your Products here Sir! :)

racey
09-03-2009, 07:10
He's already addressed that question more than adequately, so why are you repeating it again? Do you have some hidden agenda you should be telling us about?

Marco.
No I certainly do not have any hidden agenda. I do feel however that the question of using several aliases has not been answered.
So may I repeat the question,
Were several aliases used? Yes or no?

NickB
09-03-2009, 08:21
Hi racey

A bit persistant for someone without an agenda I feel !!!!!

Nick

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 08:34
No I certainly do not have any hidden agenda. I do feel however that the question of using several aliases has not been answered.
So may I repeat the question,
Were several aliases used? Yes or no?

This is AoS and you are asking me to answer accusations that are being made on a different website. Get me a right of reply on that site and I shall answer it on there. I am not going to use AoS as if it is my own site and to enter into discussions on subjects from another site. I deserve the right to confront my critics in their own backyard so that their membership can respond accordingly. If you can't arrange that, then that's the end of the discussion on AoS as far as I am concerned.

Stan

racey
09-03-2009, 09:27
This is AoS and you are asking me to answer accusations that are being made on a different website. Get me a right of reply on that site and I shall answer it on there. I am not going to use AoS as if it is my own site and to enter into discussions on subjects from another site. I deserve the right to confront my critics in their own backyard so that their membership can respond accordingly. If you can't arrange that, then that's the end of the discussion on AoS as far as I am concerned.

Stan
I have no authority to give you the right to reply on the other forum.
This thread was not started by me. I entered into the discussion without any hidden agenda - I think that's fair in a forum like this.
I would have liked to know the truth about the accusations. That's all.

DSJR
09-03-2009, 09:37
I don't know the circumstances behind this, but I do know another "outspoken" manufacturer with a product that has spawned opposing opinions. The owner/fans are accused of being the manufacturers shills and handbag fights have ensued. Fortunately, it's gone quiet in recent weeks (I've way over-simplified the scene, but at least the war seems to have burned itself out - for now).

I'm sure the 7520 is a great value product and, like the Dacmagic, something of a giant killer. Can't the powers that be leave it at that? i mean, if Stan dressed the thing up in a lavish "Chord Electronics" kind of box, it would sell for a couple of grand. If well heeled people can afford to pay the difference for a lavish case, then leave 'em to it.....

'Scuse me if I've butted in half cocked...

Marco
09-03-2009, 09:49
This thread was not started by me. I entered into the discussion without any hidden agenda - I think that's fair in a forum like this.

Enough! You're not convincing me (or I suspect anyone else) that you don't have an agenda. Stan has explained the situation 100% satisfactorily for everyone it seems but you.

Any more of your 'interrogating' on this subject and it will be deleted.

Marco.

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 10:01
Don't try to play so innocent. What is to you the truth? What I say or what Jude on head-fi says? What measures have you got to recognise the truth? None whatsoever. I have let it be known that I design my own stuff, but many people keep saying that I don't. Customers can open my DAC and see the component part numbers. But still people keep writing on that site that I scratch out the part numbers. Some claim I buy from Technolink, when Technolink has been acknowledged by me to be our factory, owned by the family!

So explain to the rest of us how you would recognise the truth. It is easy for me to make a statement here, but that won't make no difference to the lies and name smirching done somewhere else. Your cop out that the topic has been raised on AoS which is why you ask is a feeble excuse to the extreme.

Stan

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 10:15
I've asked for a fair hearing on HeadFi.

*Hope I dont get banned!

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 10:19

Racey, heres hoping the guys on HeadFi give you your chance to know the truth.

Do you think they will?

Krisbee
09-03-2009, 10:33
Judging by my recent experience, a kangaroo court exists at that other place.

Fair hearing? Now that really is funny.

Time to move on, I'd say.

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 11:03
agreed.

but everyone deserves a chance to reply - even the HeadFi mods ;)

If nothing is forthcoming - Id say its easy to draw a conclusion.

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 11:13
Even the folks in 'the tent' didn't allow discussions etc about the events leading to be being banned. Many suggested that it was because I refused to pay the trade fee, even though that has never been mentioned by their admin to be the case. So you see, wild rumours quickly overtake the facts.

Stan

Spectral Morn
09-03-2009, 11:14
Hi Guys

Lets all be extra careful when discussing this most sensitive of issues.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

racey
09-03-2009, 11:35
Racey, heres hoping the guys on HeadFi give you your chance to know the truth.

Do you think they will?
I've got no idea. I hadn't visited HeadFi for a long time before this thread started.
Whatever happens I guess we will never know the truth. Looking at it now, the expression "know the truth" sounds really grand as if it's referring to the meaning of life or something like that. I wish I'd used a different expression - isn't a line from The Seeker by the Who?

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 11:38
I've got no idea. I hadn't visited HeadFi for a long time before this thread started.
Whatever happens I guess we will never know the truth. Looking at it now, the expression "know the truth" sounds really grand as if it's referring to the meaning of life or something like that. I wish I'd used a different expression - isn't a line from The Seeker by the Who?

Hi Racey,
nowt wrong with knowing the truth matey!

We CAN "know the truth"...its easy. Only takes one thing.

Ah..The Seeker, one of my favourite choons to play at "11"
(When Mrs Gaz is out of course :) )

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 11:39
Hi Guys

Lets all be extra careful when discussing this most sensitive of issues.

No accusations Chaps, just a request to know the truth.

I'm stepping back now, feel as though Ive said my piece.
We shall see...

G.

Spectral Morn
09-03-2009, 11:43
Hi Guys

No pointing of fingers etc from me....its just this is a very delicate matter, and everyone posting on this topic needs to think hard before typing. So lets be careful, is all I am saying.

Marco
09-03-2009, 11:55
No accusations Chaps, just a request to know the truth.

Gaz, I think the truth's bloody obvious mate: Stan's completely innocent, and the shit that was written on Head-fi was nothing but a smear campaign. Given what we now know, how could the situation be interpreted any differently?

Marco.

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 12:06
If HeadFi ignore this - and do nothing, I think it would be easy to form that opinion yup.

My personal belief is that Stans not that stupid! (Sorry Stan!)

Just out of interest, I'm starting to see rhetoric and diversions being laid down in front af a simple request for proof.

Also the first response I had (from a guy whom I never met) accused me of being Stan Beresford. (oh and a "fanboy from another forum")
Says more about him than me I'd say.

Make of that what you will.

A couple of the HeadFi'ers spoke out in my defence, saying what I was asking wasn't unreasonable. :cool:

So I guess its just a few folk over there thats like that.

And Stan?
I've said my piece mate, no point banging my head against a brick wall.

Hopefully at leaast it will make SOME people look at these accusations being made and say "Hey, hang on a minute...?"

Gaz.

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 12:14
Very well said Marco. I expected there to be a backlash once the TC-7520 started to receive favourable comments on headfi. Fact is that anyone who mentions my DAC in a positive light on that site is branded to be me using an alias. But don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself and see:).

Stan

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 13:17
no change to Status Quo.

*case closed*

trailer
09-03-2009, 13:25
no change to Status Quo.

Nope, still playing the same three chords.

Primalsea
09-03-2009, 13:33
There seems to be a couple of issues here all mixed up together and the whole thing should be distilled fractionally.

1)
It is not for us to comment on whether Stan is innocent or guilty, its not even for Stan to do this. It for the accuser to provide proper evidence to back up his claim. Just saying that the different members had the same IP address is not good enough. Until this is done there is no case, only a witch hunt.

2)
Its hardly a serious crime is it? Its no worse that misleading marketing, something that seems to be the norm in the industry. Can everybody involved say that they have never done anything a bit naughty and then though better of it afterwards?

3)
If the DAC is so shit why have so many people bought one and kept it. Its not as if people are being held at gunpoint to keep the thing. Just because someone has a preference for another DAC doesn't mean the Beresford is poor. It fair to say also that most of the DAC's that have been favored have been expensive ones, many of which cost 10 times more secondhand.

People stating their opinion through experience that they don't like something on a forum is fine. How can you consider any forum seriously when it is being used to attack people and products.

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 13:55
Nope, still playing the same three chords.

Boom-tish!
:)

My posts have been deleted on HeadFi.
Didn't think I was being unreasonable, just asking for fair play.

I wont be back.

ANYWAYS.......moving swiftly on

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 13:58
1)
It is not for us to comment on whether Stan is innocent or guilty, its not even for Stan to do this. It for the accuser to provide proper evidence to back up his claim. Just saying that the different members had the same IP address is not good enough. Until this is done there is no case, only a witch hunt.

All I did was ASK for the proof to be posted - publicly.
A strop was thrown and my posts were deleted.

Oh, just checked.
I'm unable to post now on HeadFi.
Oh Dear...

Pretty clear answer IMHO.

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 14:07
Just saying that the different members had the same IP address is not good enough. Until this is done there is no case, only a witch hunt.
Since my IP address is not static and I have several different internet accounts separated between home and business use, it begs the question how it would be possible to claim that I have been using the same IP address:scratch:.

Stan

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 14:12
By the time the gullible punters on headfi realize that they have been taken in by the folks there so that potential TC-7520 buyers have changed their mind and bought something far more expensive instead, it will be too late. When someone posted earlier on that the TC-7520 headphone section was almost on par with a 750 EURO headamp I knew that there would be trouble brewing.
In a way the trouble has come at a good time. I am selling these things faster than I can make them..

Stan

break-3
09-03-2009, 14:50
It's things like this that make most forums such terrible places. If I was ever accused of posting as someone else, I wouldn't bother going back. Glad AoS seems friendly and relaxed. :)

leo
09-03-2009, 15:09
I see Gaz's thread has now just vanished over there yet the other threads continue the shite flinging:mental:

freddiecas
09-03-2009, 15:25
This is all very disappointing. I think conclusions can be drawn from facts.

1 the Beresford dacs are fantastic value for money compared to competition

2 Stan posts openly and answers questions about his products

3 He is willing to detail mods and explain how they can be done.

How many other manufacturers do that? They would say you must send it back to us to get the latest version and be charged £90 plus vat plus carriage for a simple cap swap to a "magic" ingredient whose identity we won't divulge etc etc.

4 I see far more marketing bulls**t on other sites claiming "magic" ingredients, whereas even if you don't believe every subjective opinion Stan gives reasons and part numbers for any subjective changes he describes.

I know who I am believing.

sanchezxxx
09-03-2009, 16:14
I find it sad that access to non-engineered public opinion and user generated information is so easily eroded. I left what I think is a very fair and balanced review of the 7520 on headfi describing its performance with different headphones. Within minutes My thread was deleted - WTF??

I thought members would find it useful as I mentioned its use with popular headphones on the forum but mods thought otherwise. Anyway I'm glad I found this forum recently and will redirect my efforts here. I posted my review on the end of the 7520 review thread on AOS.

Great forum and electronic knowledge base...

muffinman
09-03-2009, 16:21
I've got a Stan dac, i'm a fan, and this is my view on the issue:

In the hifi game we can often spend a lot of money 'on spec'.
Stans' product is at a price point where many people, myself included, are willing to take a punt. If it's pants - so what, sell it for a £20 loss and move on.
Trouble is, plenty of people are finding themselves the proud owner of an impressive piece of kit that they want to keep.

If i was in the business of selling expensive DACs, Stan would give me sleepless nights.

Keep it real Stan :gig:

tizer2000uk
09-03-2009, 16:31
I posted on the Headfi forum asking for a fair trial so to speak and not only got accused of being Stan but also got my posts on the subject removed.

If HeadFi were a government they would be North Korea for all their censorship.

A bit sad really

StanleyB
09-03-2009, 16:46
I posted on the Headfi forum asking for a fair trial so to speak and not only got accused of being Stan but also got my posts on the subject removed.
That sums it up basically:).

Beechwoods
09-03-2009, 16:51
Let's all keep this positive from now on. Just as we don't want to see one of valued members bashed, we don't want this thread to become a thread bashing another forum. Enough has already been said on that subject!

Let's focus our energy on making AOS a positive and informed place to talk about hi-fi and music :)

As Marco suggested a few pages back: Onwards and upwards chaps!

Gazjam
09-03-2009, 17:29
As the original poster I'll sum up by saying....

Just goes to show, you ask someone (politely and reasonably) about accusations being made and you automatically get shot down.
The first guy who replied over there got stuck in from the get-go, firstly calling me Stan Beresford and then being a real smart-arse (hey mate, whatever..) when I spoke to him.
I was never less than polite - but I was clear on what I was asking.

That didn't go down to well it seems.

I was told the Mod was "done with this" and my thread was deleted.
Then, I was unable to reply.
Then unable to post.

Friendly and welcoming huh?

Anyway - I agree. Keep it positive.

Gaz.

Marco
09-03-2009, 18:34
Ok folks, I think enough has been said now... This thread is dead.

Marco.