PDA

View Full Version : FS: Audio Note UK and Japan (Kondo) cables: interconnect and arm cable

montesquieu
11-12-2012, 13:19
Recent purchases for sale, they are also on Feepay for considerably more (due to 10% final value fee, listing fees, ebay fees, and to allow for silly offers) but offered here for what I paid:

Kondo-era Audio Note Japan (AN-J) QSSC solid silver stereo tonearm cable, with tonearm plug and terminations. 1.4metres in length. Made from multiple strands of 0.09mm diameter 99.99% pure silver, litz wound, for both signal and return with an insulated copper shield around the pair, plus an additional wire to earth the arm to the phono stage.

The plug is SME-standard female 45 degree fitting, and suits all sorts of tonearms including SME, Linn, Jelco, indeed most British and Japanese arms. £325plus £6.50 for RMSD, payment by paypal gift or bank transfer. This length of Kondo silver would be well over £1200 today. I've seen Kondo copper arm cables go for more than this what I'm asking for this silver one.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/QSSCcable.jpg

Audio Note UK AN-V solid silver stereo interconnect. Made from 15 strands of 0.09mm diameter 99.99% litz wound pure silver for both signal and return with an insulated copper shield around the pair. Original Audio Note UK phono plugs - this is a factory-made cable. 0.5m stereo pair. £100 plus £6.50 for RMSD, payment by paypal gift or bank transfer.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/AN-V-1.jpg

montesquieu
11-12-2012, 13:40
AN-V interconnect sold! Kondo-era arm cable still available.

Mika K
11-12-2012, 19:55
I would be really interested for the Kondo tonearm lead but I think my deck does not take that 45 degree fitting as had to change the previous one to the SME own vertical fitting designed for SME model 30.

Could you take pic of the fitting? Or could someone verify that this would for to SME 30? In that case it would be suitable for my deck also..

montesquieu
11-12-2012, 19:59
The money in this is totally in the silver wire (1.4m of Kondo silver wire!), not the connector :)

If you needed a straight connector I'm sure it could be done, my current cable is a different length of AN-Vx to which Paul at Reference Fidelity fitted a really beautiful Furutech connector, a lovely match I'm sure something like that would actually be an improvement on the standard one fitted.

montesquieu
11-12-2012, 23:22
tonearm cable now sold too