PDA

View Full Version : new here:)

stu1
17-02-2008, 05:48
but not new. I'm stew nelless. I do write for a$$a (I see Mark has already posted here). For continuity's sake, I plan on consolidating all my user names to something very similar to stu1 on all the forums I visit. I think this will assure many that I simply don't like to play games and am accessible.

First off I need to disclose that I am working with Hemp Acoustics and Grant Fidelity in a fairly loose way. Thankfully Mark has allowed me to continue to write for a$$a. I'll ad that information to my signature (if that is an option here). I've been involved in this hobby for over 20 yearsnow and have accumulated a little bit of knowledge.

I agree many forums are huge, and easy to get lost in. I often visit 6moons, Tone Audio, Positive Feedback and other ez-ines so I can see what others are doing. I think I started out with tnt.

If any find me rude or ruthless, believe me the intent is not there. And I'm not against offering up heart felt apologies to any I may have offended.

shane
17-02-2008, 08:11
I'm English. What's A$$a?

Marco
17-02-2008, 10:39
Mike,

It's 'Affordable Audio Publishing' - an on-line audio information website in America. The Dollar signs of course should be self-explanatory :)

See here:

http://www.affordableaudio.org/

The publisher (Mark) is already a member here. See his post in ‘Equipment Synergy’:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2221#post2221

Hi Stu,

Welcome on board! :wave:

Marco.

stupinder
17-02-2008, 10:48
Hi
from one stu to another ..welcome

stu1
17-02-2008, 22:19
sorry if I didn't explain what a$$a was, I assumed most would know.
Thanks Marco for the link. Cool thing is the site is American, but I'm a Canuck (Canadian), living in southern Alberta (in Canada).

stupinder, us "stus" need to stick together, but I'm actually a "stew". just stu1 seemed like a quick and easy username.

After reading my introduction, it might seem that I commonly offend people, but I don't think that would be a typical description of myself. But I sometimes offend folks with no intent, more of my strong opinions being expressed. I never make personal comments or slashes or whatever towards any, unless I feel attacked or wronged--but have decided it really is just best not to go there, even if only to respond. I just want all to know that I am not always aware others may take my comments as personal attacks, which is furthest from the truth as or intent.

But enough about that.

Really taking care of the Internet portion of things that I do is starting to take up too much time, so I want to try and consolidate everything into as small a footprint as I think I can get away with.

stew

Filterlab
18-02-2008, 08:13
Hi Stu and welcome.