PDA

View Full Version : New Member from North Devon, UK

Bill74
10-12-2012, 12:25
Hello all,

Just logging in to make contact and to say I'm an old bloke living between Bideford and Barnstaple in North Devon.

Been playing with audio stuff since Adam was a lad and started off with the famous Rogers Cadet III valve amp and the then ubiquitous Garrard SP25 record deck back in the middle-ages.

Long since given up vinyl sadly, due to lack of space and now use FLAC files via a Squeezebox Touch, Chord amplification and JM Focal Lab Chorus 836 speakers mostly, plus a Primare FM/DAB Tuner.

Incidentally, I tend to use Linux all the time now for my computers instead of Windows, which is fine - except that I can't get the Logitech Media Server to work at all in Ubuntu 12 04. (I realise this isn't the right place, but if anyone has an idea about how to overcome that I'd be grateful for advice.)

Meanwhile, here's a nice quote that I found on a site called Old Guys Rule! just recently:

The older I get, the better I was!

All best, Bill

Barry
10-12-2012, 18:21
Welcome to AoS Bill.

From you description of the gear you started with, your introduction to the world of audio seems to have paralleled mine. :)

What are you tastes in music? Do tell.

Welcome again

Regards

halfjob
12-12-2012, 20:24
Hi Bill and welcome to Aos. Spent many holidays down your way especially minehead. Sp25 record deck brings back happy memories.

john