PDA

View Full Version : Is there an 'invite someone to join' facility?

walpurgis
06-12-2012, 00:05
Is there some means whereby an invitation to join AOS can be sent to a person who may be interested?

I mean apart from just telling them about AOS, I wondered if there was a formal 'invitation to join' method.

The Grand Wazoo
06-12-2012, 00:37
No, I don't think there is at present, but it seems like an excellent suggestion. However, should it be implemented, I don't think we'll be paying a bounty for every scalp you take!

I'm moving this over to 'Critics Corner', where it belongs.

walpurgis
06-12-2012, 12:05
Hi Chris, I thought something of the sort might spur potential "joinee's" into taking the final step.

If you do implement this can you let me know where to find it, as I have a couple of friends with an interest in Hi-Fi who may join. they are aware of AOS and do look here occasionally, but have yet to be persuaded to 'sign up'.

Perhaps it may help if the 'invitation' indicated which member had nominated the invitee.

Thanks,
Geoff.

Mark Grant
06-12-2012, 13:06
Good idea although it would need setting up so that spammers cant use it to send out thousands of automated emails with automated spam bot scripts.

Maybe put a limit on the number of requests sent per logged in user per day etc.

Audio Al
06-12-2012, 13:32
Is it necessary ?

I was recommended to join this forum by someone who was a member on another forum ( not audio related )

Had a quick look and decided to register

Either you want to sign up or you don't

Cant see a email invite would make a difference myself

Just my opinion :)

AlanS
06-12-2012, 13:42
Is it necessary ?

I was recommended to join this forum by someone who was a member on another forum ( not audio related )

Had a quick look and decided to register

Either you want to sign up or you don't

Cant see a email invite would make a difference myself

Just my opinion :)

That was my reaction why for 1 persons 2 friends. If they want to join they will.

walpurgis
06-12-2012, 19:48
I just thought it would be a nice touch. Removes a bit of 'facelessness' to give things a formal, but friendly aspect.

I think it can be viewed in the same context as the 'invite somebody to be a friend' facility used between AOS members.

Think about it, if you were not a member and received the invite, seeing that you'd been nominated by a friend you certainly would not be offended and may like the idea.

After all, nobody would be obliged to use it, but it may suit some.

Reid Malenfant
06-12-2012, 19:59
There might well be something to be said for this idea ;)

I often receive newsletters in my email from a few forums I'm a member of. These contain brief details about certain articles & threads on the forums, I often see interesting stuff & click on the supplied links for further reading...

Maybe if an invite also had interesting articles to read & links to click on...

I don't know, just a thought :scratch:

AlanS
06-12-2012, 20:39
I just thought it would be a nice touch. Removes a bit of 'facelessness' to give things a formal, but friendly aspect.

I think it can be viewed in the same context as the 'invite somebody to be a friend' facility used between AOS members.

Think about it, if you were not a member and received the invite, seeing that you'd been nominated by a friend you certainly would not be offended and may like the idea.

After all, nobody would be obliged to use it, but it may suit some.

I had thought about it which is why I queried the value for adult males. Teenage girls yes like that sort of thing I suspect.

If your friends are that unexcited by AoS maybe leave things as they are.

If other members think it is a winner then I'l hush my mouth.