PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Brad S
04-12-2012, 17:10
Hi Folks,

I have been rattling aound in the world of Hi-Fi for a couple of decades now - well maybe a bit more, but I would have to take my shoes off to help me count as high as I would need.

My main system is CD based with a pair of active speakers. I have returned to vinyl replay with a second system after a few years absence, and I am having great fun with the black stuff.

My music collection is fairly wide ranging, and my current exploration is into the blues - a genre I have had little exposure to. At the start of my journey (which began early this year) a good friend told me they were jealous as I was about to experience a whole bunch of wonderful music that they would never again be able to hear for the first time.

I guess that like many of us, I have from time to time been lost in the wilderness of listening to the system, but I am now back in the land of listening to the music. Long may this last!

KR

Brad

Sandro
04-12-2012, 17:55
Hi Brad,
your friend was right, with blues you started a wonderful journey.
Discovering the blues of the roots not only is a pleasure in itself, but has changed my perception of lot of the music I already knew, because of all the influences and quotations I'm now able to perceive in it. :)

Welcome to the forum (I'm new to it too :D ) !

The Grand Wazoo
04-12-2012, 19:29
Hi Brad,
Welcome to AoS from me.
I've been fascinated with old blues for quite a while and have read around the subject quite a bit as well as exploring the music. It was listening to Peter Green when I was a teenager that sent me on this path & it's been so rewarding, so your friend is absolutely correct.
Why don't you tell us a little about your system?
Cheers

Barry
05-12-2012, 19:01
Welcome to AoS Brad.

The 'Blues' were my first love. Do you have any favourite performers?

Can you tell us a little more about your system? It sounds elegantly minimalist.

Welcome again

Regards