PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland USA

frederick184
03-12-2012, 18:45
Hello,

I live in Frederick, Maryland USA. I am originally from Scotland but now a US citizen. I've been into audio since the 70's and the old Linn/Grace/Supex days. I did have an LP12 up until a couple of years ago and I sold it. These days I'm into computer audio but I did buy an old 1974 LP12 recently as a project and I've upgraded it with a few more modern pieces such as later springs, subchassis and armboard. It came with the original Grace G707 arm so I've swapped that for a Rega RB303 which I plan to modify to use with my Prefix phono stage. The rest of my system is a B4 bootstrap buffer preamp courtesy of the Pink Fish forum, a Naim 250 and a pair of Magneplanar 3.7 speakers. I built a dedicated PC music server which is fanless and noiseless, with a separate NAS for my music files. The PC was built to a design from the Computer Audiophile website and I also built a Buffalo DAC from Twisted Pear Audio.

Colin

The Grand Wazoo
03-12-2012, 18:51
Hi Colin,
Welcome to AoS from me.
So, what sort of music do you like to listen to?

frederick184
03-12-2012, 19:07
I listen to jazz mainly. One of the reasons I came to this country was for easier access to all the artists that I admire. When I lived in New England I was a regular visitor to the Newport Jazz Festival and I've had the chance to see the Monterey Jazz Festival which was a dream of mine for a long time. It didn't disappoint. These days I prefer the smaller, more intimate venues like the Blue Note jazz club in NYC.

Colin

The Grand Wazoo
03-12-2012, 20:35
Wow.............can't think of a better reason to move to the US!