PDA

View Full Version : It's looking like new speakers.

Floyddroid
02-12-2012, 16:13
Further to my request for assistance with what to do regarding speaker or amp upgrade, i have to inform all that i have recently become smitten by the Usher speakers. I heard a pair last week in a shop and i must admit to falling in love with their sound. I hope to listen to a fellow member's top of the range jobbies later this coming week. however, as i can't afford £14,500 i will be looking a little further down the range. They do have a gorgeous mid range though. I will keep yall informed.:eek:

Audio Al
02-12-2012, 16:22
Have you seen these

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21069
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21511
:D

lewis
02-12-2012, 17:11
Further to my request for assistance with what to do regarding speaker or amp upgrade, i have to inform all that i have recently become smitten by the Usher speakers. I heard a pair last week in a shop and i must admit to falling in love with their sound. I hope to listen to a fellow member's top of the range jobbies later this coming week. however, as i can't afford £14,500 i will be looking a little further down the range. They do have a gorgeous mid range though. I will keep yall informed.:eek:

Very nice Steve. I'm assuming you're looking at the Dancer Mini-Two? If you are, they have just won Hi-Fi World's loudspeaker of the year award. :)

icehockeyboy
03-12-2012, 08:43
Fwiw, I'm totally loving my Usher CP 6371's! :thumbsup:

Floyddroid
04-12-2012, 10:25
Fwiw, I'm totally loving my Usher CP 6371's! :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, it is the Mini Dancer 2 that i yearn for. However, i think my room may be a bit on the small side. :(

icehockeyboy
04-12-2012, 11:12
Yes indeed, it is the Mini Dancer 2 that i yearn for. However, i think my room may be a bit on the small side. :(

I thought that about mine, but it wasn't!

It's about 19' x 13' and they work very well even very close to the rear wall.

RichB
04-12-2012, 18:28
Think I also heard the same ushers in the same shop and yes, they are a bit special. I can but dream.