PDA

View Full Version : The text culture

Floyddroid
02-12-2012, 10:11
There was a great BBC news item on saturday 1st of December. A technologist and a pychologist debated the current communication culture with respect to texting. It was very interesting. Of course i do have my own views though i have a feeling they may attract far too much welcome and unwelcome debate.
It did stimulate much thought and i associated it with this very forum. Whilst AOS is to me a valuable resource drawing upon peoples real life experiences rather than depending upon the hifi press, It is also a conduit to other like minded people. As i am hopeful to meet other forum members in person and eventually organise some local bake off's, this will prevent forums from falling into the same communication black hole as those (Including myself) caught up in the text culture. The news article has inspired me to meet some of the faceless forum members and enjoy their company. what say you good friends?:)

Puffin
02-12-2012, 10:33
I have met several nutters from this and another forum. If I lived nearer to you I would take up your offer.