PDA

View Full Version : FS : NVA TFS prototype music server

Mileend
01-12-2012, 23:51
Selling my music server as built by Jason ( figlet108) which he used to develop into the NVA TFS. It uses a dual core 1.6Ghz Intel Atom with 4GB of ram, 32GB solid state HDD, CD/DVD drive, all passive cooling and an Asus Essence soundcard. The power supply is a tweaked Item Audio 12v linear supply. It is housed in an aluminium Nexus case with a vented acrylic cover and comes with licensed Windows 7 and Jriver 17. I have used it remotely using my laptop/ipad and is easy to use. It also acts of course as a PC for internet streaming etc.
(The NVA TFS uses a similar motherboard tweaked Asus Essence soundcard and has a purpose built NVA dual power supply ).

This is a pretty comprehensive one box computer audio solution. It can be used as a one box transport/dac like the TFS or just as a transport which it does very very well imho ( it outperformed a Mac mini and my Dell laptop with ease). A second SSD can be added ( I used a 256gb but not included ) to store music files. So very good easy introduction to computer audio for someone wanting to switch from cd's etc.

Looking for £495 delivered.