PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jackocleebrown
01-12-2012, 10:47
I've just joined the forum so am dropping a note here to say hello to everyone.

I am located in the South East of the UK and I work in the audio industry for a manufacturer of Hi-Fi loudspeakers (KEF) as a research engineer.

I've just had a quick look for the forum rules but I could not find them: do I need to add this to my sig (sometimes required in other forums)?

I have joined the forum for personal reasons so I'm not going to be jumping on every KEF thread, happy to answer the odd question here and there.

My current system:

Squeezebox Touch with USB DAC output mods
Arcam rDac (slightly modified ;))
Custom made power amplifier (based on Gemincore modules)
KEF LS50s

No preamp at the moment, I am in the market for a new one. Currently I have two different pairs of home made passive attenuators... which is not ideal but works ok.

All the best, Jack.

Reid Malenfant
04-12-2012, 23:02
Hi Jack, a warm welcome from me to AoS :) You didn't happen to help in designing the 105/3 did you, damn I love the design of that speaker :eyebrows:

Coupled cavity or as it's more commonly known now as 4th order bandpass put me on to a whole new design approach to bass reproduction, it's amazing what you can do with electronics & tiny enclosures :rfl:

I hope you enjoy your stay here, all the best to you & get stuck in ;)

Barry
05-12-2012, 20:28
Welcome to AoS Jack.

Always good to welcome a new member who works in the audio industry; especially speaker designers.

As long as you don't 'push' or overtly prosyletise KEF products, I wouldn't have thought you need to register as a trade member. No doubt the Admin team will advise.

What are your tastes in music?

Welcome again

Regards