PDA

View Full Version : Gabrielle Aplin

Marco
30-11-2012, 21:47
Is anyone else being blown away by this girl's incredible voice and stunningly emotive rendition of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's 'The Power of Love':

zNpeK7sDLzE

:wow: :eek:

It's being played quite a lot on the TV (John Lewis advert) and radio at the moment. Alex and Tim, I'd have thought that this was likely to tickle your fancy?

I can't wait for her to bring out an album!

Marco.

dantheman91
30-11-2012, 21:51
:)

Truely Wonderfull.

Alex_UK
30-11-2012, 21:57
A new one on me Marco - a quick listen via laptop speakers and yes - right up my street - look forward to hearing more of her.

DaveK
30-11-2012, 22:20
Album to be released early '13.

Jonboy
30-11-2012, 22:24
Heard it a few times now on the wireless very nice :)

Tim
30-11-2012, 22:33
I was actually playing her this afternoon Marco, as tickets went on sale this morning for a local venue she's playing at early next year. I ended up skipping through her songs on Spotify as I didn't enjoy them and passed on buying a ticket, not really my thing. A bit too 'will o' the wisp' sickly sweet for me to be honest. I like a bit more edge to my girlie squawkers ;)

This is more up my street;

IT7NiFpJmvI

MartinT
30-11-2012, 23:06
Not too dissimilar to Birdy (I meant Gabrielle).

Audio Al
30-11-2012, 23:24
I was actually playing her this afternoon Marco, as tickets went on sale this morning for a local venue she's playing at early next year. I ended up skipping through her songs on Spotify as I didn't enjoy them and passed on buying a ticket, not really my thing. A bit too 'will o' the wisp' sickly sweet for me to be honest. I like a bit more edge to my girlie squawkers ;)

IT7NiFpJmvI

Mary sounded a bit flat and out of tune to me in some parts of the song :(

Tim
30-11-2012, 23:31
Then you have totally missed the raw emotion and honesty of one of the best and most critically acclaimed songs recently written, by one of today's foremost singer/songwriters.

Each to their own ;)

Marco
01-12-2012, 22:40

IT7NiFpJmvI

I hear ya, dude. They're two entirely different voices. MG is a really class act (very soulful) - I loved it and could listen to her music al day. However, I also adore Gabrielle Apin's voice, for different reasons (so hauntingly melodic).

I'd buy both of their albums! :)

Marco.

Tim
02-12-2012, 10:49
I just gave her another listen Marco, always best to double check. I will look out for her album too, as you never know, but right now she's not doing it for me at all. Funny, as you would think she would, but that's music for you, immensely personal.

Not sure if you have Mercy Now (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercy-Now-Mary-Gauthier/dp/B000765IS6/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1354445168&sr=1-3) by Mary G, but it comes highly recommended if you don't - its got one of my favourite lines in the first song, Falling out of Love . . . "It's a cheap hotel, the heat pipes hiss. The bathroom's down the hall and it smells like piss" I love MG and hope to see her next year, missed her this year due to work, she played one of my favourite venues too :(

fordy
19-01-2013, 13:56
Gabrielle Aplin played on the iTunes online festival late last year. Excellent stuff. I think the gig can be had on ITunes now.

Alex_UK
28-01-2013, 16:37
Gabrielle has just done a session for Rob Da Bank on Radio 1 - available to listen again for those that can. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wknd

isuckedmandelsonslemons
28-01-2013, 16:52
Heard her single on Radio this morning. Very nice indeed.

Tim
28-01-2013, 17:26
She's still not working for me :scratch:

jollyfix
28-01-2013, 17:59
Not working for me also, but its more down to the song than her. I will give her other stuff a go.