PDA

View Full Version : FS: Naim CDS2 + XPS

Marcoose369
29-11-2012, 12:01
Hi,

I have a Naim CDS2 + XPS for sale. Serial numbers are 162xxx, 164xxx so they were both manufactured in 2000. This was Naim’s S-series reference player between 1998 and 2002.

Both units are in fantastic condition and have always been treated very carefully. They have only had 5 years of use, being in the loft between the beginning of 2003 and 2009 whilst I was living and moving abroad. The CDS2 uses a Din only interconnect connection at the rear of the unit, I will include either an original equipment DIN-DIN or DIN to RCA depending on your set up if interested. I have the original boxes with all packaging, the remote, the black burndy lead and all transit screws.

Please note that this player cannot be used without a PSU. The unit can be upgraded by changing to the later design XPS(2). The remote control has a scratch on it, which does not affect use in any way. The remote can also control a Naim pre amp apparently, although I have never used this player in an all Naim system.

What can I say about the sound - it is very involving and seems to bring coherence to the entire soundstage with air and space around the individual sounds. I love the sound, but I suppose I am very accustomed to it after all this time. I have changed all other components over the years in my system, but this has been the one element that has stayed consistent and I have not wanted to change.

I’m currently living in Cork, Ireland. Shipping is no problem and of course, you would be very welcome to come for a listen. I can provide more photographs for anyone interested.

I'm asking £1750 - I'm not sure if I'm pitching it right, but prices are difficult to gauge - any Naim aficionados, please let me know if I'm in the land of the fairies.

Thank you for looking.

Marcus

Marcoose369
28-12-2012, 16:47
Now Sold - thank you for your interest.

DSJR
28-12-2012, 17:26
I'm not at all surprised - what an incredible bargain :)

Marcoose369
31-12-2012, 16:44
I'm not at all surprised - what an incredible bargain :)

I'm just happy it's gone to a good home - although now I need to look around for a replacement. :stalks: It's true that music making boxes become old friends, although I haven't quite got as far as calling them names, or he or she (yet!).