PDA

View Full Version : Has the TC-7520 rewritten the rules of diminishing returns?

StanleyB
03-03-2009, 23:50
I had a customer asking me this question.

leo
04-03-2009, 00:05
Don't know but going by all the positive posts you should be proud Stan;):cool:

Covenant
04-03-2009, 07:46
Well I think so, mine hasn't fully burnt in yet but the quality is there in buckets full. Its natural competitor the DAC Magic has been increased in price and yet doesnt offer things like the high quality headphone amplifier.
I dont see an obvious replacement however I may try a different power supply and even 'op-amp rolling' if its an easy exercise and doen't void the warranty.

Filterlab
04-03-2009, 20:12
Has the TC-7520 rewritten the rules of diminishing returns?

Yes. :)

StanleyB
06-03-2009, 11:06
Please note that I no longer offer an AoS discount and that there will be a restocking fee charged for any items sent back after trial. A member pointed out that I am supposed to refund the postage according to distance selling rules, so I have to make up the losses I incur from that. The restocking fee will be set at 15% of the value of the transaction.

Stan

racey
06-03-2009, 18:11
Please note that I no longer offer a AoS discount and that there will be a restocking fee charged for any items sent back after trial. A member pointed out that I am supposed to refund the postage according to distance selling rules, so I have to make up the losses I incur from that. The restocking fee will be set at 15% of the value of the transaction.

Stan
How much is a 7520 delivered to the UK?

Class
06-03-2009, 19:05
How much is a 7520 delivered to the UK?

http://www.beresford.me/UK/Digital_Audio_1.html

racey
06-03-2009, 19:59
http://www.beresford.me/UK/Digital_Audio_1.html
The link above does not give the total cost including delivery without giving my Paypal details.

lwd
06-03-2009, 20:45
The link above does not give the total cost including delivery without giving my Paypal details.

I think delivery is 11.99 or something. The price for the unit including VAT is 175 pounds. So you're looking at 187 pounds all in. It sounds good, so I think it's worth it.

StanleyB
06-03-2009, 21:00

That's correct. The shipping cost is dependent on the location where the order is being shipped to, which is tied to your registered Paypal address. So someone trying to claim they are in the UK but require delivery to Nigeria would be flagged up.

Stan

SamJones
06-03-2009, 23:37
A 15% restocking charge implies a high return rate on the first batch then :)

racey
07-03-2009, 07:45
That's correct. The shipping cost is dependent on the location where the order is being shipped to, which is tied to your registered Paypal address. So someone trying to claim they are in the UK but require delivery to Nigeria would be flagged up.

Stan
So what is the delivered cost to the UK?

NickB
07-03-2009, 07:50
Hi to everyone

First post after lurking for a while but Mr incensed took over.

No - probably someone took advantage of the special price - didn't like the sound (or couldn't really afford it) sent it back then whinged about paying the postage for return. There is always one who spoils a good thing for everyone else by greed and unreasonable attitude.

Fairly typical of the way that we in this country are adopting the worst parts of the litigious American way of life.

Rant mode off hard hat on and a belated hi to everyone on the forum. Found you after your spat with another forum and up until this thread was surprised at the amount of common sense and helpful advice on here.

Hope it continues in the later manner.

StanleyB
07-03-2009, 08:44
So what is the delivered cost to the UK?
Postage is free. But I charge £12 pus VAT for packaging now...

Stan

racey
07-03-2009, 08:52
Postage is free. But I charge £12 pus VAT for packaging now...

Stan
So what is the total cost to me including cost of 7520, delivery to the UK and VAT?
In other words how much will actually be charged, in total, to my Paypal account?

StanleyB
07-03-2009, 11:12
So what is the total cost to me including cost of 7520, delivery to the UK and VAT?
In other words how much will actually be charged, in total, to my Paypal account?
Just under £190. If you need it down to the last penny, please email me. I don't think the AoS forum is the place to discuss that. It's not my forum after all:).

Stan

racey
07-03-2009, 11:28
Just under £190. If you need it down to the last penny, please email me. I don't think the AoS forum is the place to discuss that. It's not my forum after all:).

Stan
Thanks.
I'm sorry if the AoS forum is an inappropriate place to discuss the price but it would be impossible to discuss the thread topic "Has the TC-7520 rewritten the rules of diminishing returns?" without knowing the price.
Anyway I know the price now. If I try the product and want to return it the cost will be about £28. Is that correct?

StanleyB
07-03-2009, 11:43
If I try the product and want to return it the cost will be about £28. Is that correct?
Again, if you wish to discuss commercial issues with me, please email me. I have been banned from a long list of sites for reasons such as this. So don't encourage the moderators on AoS to follow suit:).

Stan

racey
07-03-2009, 12:25
Again, if you wish to discuss commercial issues with me, please email me. I have been banned from a long list of sites for reasons such as this. So don't encourage the moderators on AoS to follow suit:).

Stan
OK I'll leave it.

Marco
07-03-2009, 13:09
Stan, you're right to request customers to discuss costing issues privately via PM or email, as it's the done thing, but you'd never be banned from here for doing otherwise :)

It's up to you whether you wish to publish such information in the public domain or not.

Marco.

Steve Toy
07-03-2009, 13:31
I have no issue with the exact purchase cost to someone in the UK being supplied on this forum. In fact I would prefer it.

StanleyB
07-03-2009, 15:43
I have no issue with the exact purchase cost to someone in the UK being supplied on this forum. In fact I would prefer it.
It's all on my site once you select the items that you wish to order and specify which country it is going to. The tax etc calculations are then done from there. AoS is not just for UK members you know. And neither do I think it appropriate to both chew and swallow for those who can't be bothered to make an effort.

STan

Steve Toy
07-03-2009, 15:53
Stan, I know what this forum is for! I do not have an issue with price info specific to any given country being made available here if you don't. That was the question.

racey
07-03-2009, 16:27
It's all on my site once you select the items that you wish to order and specify which country it is going to. The tax etc calculations are then done from there. AoS is not just for UK members you know. And neither do I think it appropriate to both chew and swallow for those who can't be bothered to make an effort.

STan
I assume that I am the person who "can't be bothered". I asked 2 simple questions - "how much?" and what is "restocking fee" if the product is returned. I really don't know why you've made such hard work of this.
You started the thread to discuss, and no doubt advertise, your product but got evasive when some simple questions were asked. Anyway, it's your business and good luck to you.