PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone from India

apollo
25-11-2012, 05:28
Hello everyone,

Hope all of you are doing great.

This is Tirthankar from India. I have been lurking around the forums for quite sometime, recently signed up to be able to participate in discussions more actively. I think this is a great place with knowledgeable and tolerant (very important in a forum, in my opinion) members with some great setups ready to share knowledge and experience.

I am an avid listener of music, primarily of Western Classical, classic rock, instrumentals and oldies but I am continually exploring music which sound melodious and musical to me.

Recently ventured into high quality two channel playback, my system consists of
B&W CDM1-se speakers, Quad 306 power amp with cap mods, Luminous Audio axiom passive pre with modded components, PS Audio Digital Link III with Cullen Stage 4 Mod, VDH IC and Audioquest speaker cables.
I believe that cables make a difference, in fact every component in a music chain with a variable character have effect on music.

And finally, I believe that music is an intensely personal journey and each and everyone has his/her own preference and take on it.. not necessarily one is right and the rest are wrong.

Well, I guess that's all I can think of right now to say about me. See you all in the forum threads and thanks a lot for making quality reproduction of music approachable and fun for beginners like me.

:wave:

Regards,
Tirthankar

John
25-11-2012, 06:39
Welcome to AOS Tirthankar
Great introduction over the last few months we seem to be getting a few people from India
I like your open philosophy towards system set up

Bluedroog
25-11-2012, 11:46
Welcome Tirthankar.

Where in India are you from? I'm making my second visit in Feb.

apollo
25-11-2012, 14:30
Thanks John, Christian for your welcome..

I am from Kolkata, a city in the eastern part of India.

Where in India will you be going Christian? If you don't mind me asking.. is it business or pleasure?

Bluedroog
27-11-2012, 20:12
I fly in to Mumbai where I will spend a few days, then have some family business to take care of in Goa and hope to spend most of my time in Kerala for pleasure.

Concerto Audio
28-11-2012, 09:25
I fly in to Mumbai where I will spend a few days, then have some family business to take care of in Goa and hope to spend most of my time in Kerala for pleasure.

Welcome to the forum Tirthankar.
If you dont mind me asking Christian which part of Kerala are you visiting.
I am from Kerala.

Bluedroog
29-11-2012, 19:44
I've no firm plans as yet, what would you suggest? Is Kochi worth seeing or are the rural areas the highlight? Beach time will be on the agenda but also the green areas of tea plantations, rivers and wildlife as well as culture will be wanted.

Concerto Audio
30-11-2012, 10:58
I've no firm plans as yet, what would you suggest? Is Kochi worth seeing or are the rural areas the highlight? Beach time will be on the agenda but also the green areas of tea plantations, rivers and wildlife as well as culture will be wanted.

Me not sure wheather hijacking the thread here.

Kochi is worth seeing specially the Chineese net and back waters around.
beach time i would recommend Cherai beach or Varkala beach. the popular destination is Kovalam beach but in my view it is spoiled by ever increasing tourists around there and expensive.
Tea plantations and nature Munnar is very popular. It is a beautiful place with waterfalls. Get a Jeep but the journey there is very bumpy. But one you get there you will love it.