PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kit

julesd68
22-11-2012, 19:10
Two Swedish sisters singing Americana folk-rock - I hardly listen to any new music but this is rather nice ...

http://www.youtube.com/jagadambarecords

Tim
23-11-2012, 13:21
Saw them Wednesday Jules for the second time, they are superb live, very animated but their harmonies are something else. I have both their albums too - Steve (Aquapiranha) likes them as well. They had B. J. Cole (pedal steel) playing with them this time round, which really added something.

julesd68
24-11-2012, 21:25
I'll def look out for their next visit to London ...

In the meantime I might treat myself to the vinyl edition of the album.

I think the way they are marketed is quite interesting - the girls look like extras from "The Wicker Man" sometimes :eek: I'm a sucker for a bit of retro seventies vibe though ... The good thing with this group is that they are not all image though - they obviously have the talent to back it up ...

Tim
25-11-2012, 00:42
The good thing with this group is that they are not all image though - they obviously have the talent to back it up ...
They definitely are not about image, far from it. Emmylou Harris recently acknowledged their talent as they wrote a tribute song about her (and Gram Parsons, Johnny Cash etc, great song too). There's nothing quite like a blood harmony and they are as pitch perfect live as they are in the studio ;)

These are a couple of my favourite Emmylou videos, the second is a stunner, recorded live at the opening ceremony of the Friends Arena national stadium in Solna, Stockholm on October 27th 2012;

EPxFRzs6egM

HZ4fX2scQew

Enjoy :D

julesd68
25-11-2012, 21:06
U are right - the second vid is stunning indeed ...

I notice on PFM someone has spare tickets to the gig in Bristol this week - just wish I could snap those up!