PDA

View Full Version : Colosseum - a wonderful start to the work day

MikeMusic
20-11-2012, 09:38
I am so happy to have an office to myself so have music virtually all day. Lucky accident that maybe I engineered.
This works so well as most of our interaction for printing with the outside world is via email and file transfers

Listening today to Colosseum - Those who are about to die salute you, was wonderful
Even better this is a double CD so I now have Valentyne Suite playing - almost as good, even better in some ways as Colosseum changed tack slightly

If you didn't know :
Study showed that you are 20% *more* efficient whilst working and listening to music (you know)
If you are trying to persuade someone that you want music forget that music you are *not* familiar with causes a 20% drop in efficiency maybe ....
:)

Barry
20-11-2012, 11:31
Good choice Mike.

Colosseum were a good band. Though I never saw them, I did get to hear the saxophonist, Dick Heckstall-Smith, on a number of occasions.

MikeMusic
20-11-2012, 11:37
Good choice Mike.

Colosseum were a good band. Though I never saw them, I did get to hear the sazophonist, Dick Heckstall-Smith, on a number of occasions.

I saw them on a number of occasions
Stunning band. I wasn't keen on Chris Farlowe joing them but they then produced one of the classic albums of all time - Live.
Saw that lineup at Guildford Civic, magical, virtually an out of body experience

Rare Bird
20-11-2012, 12:42
'Those who are about to die salute you', 'Valentyne Suite' & 'Daughter Of Time' are all top notch .. & for our American folk who will be familiar with 'The Grass Is Greener' release.

keiths
20-11-2012, 13:02
Good choice Mike.

Colosseum were a good band. Though I never saw them, I did get to hear the sazophonist, Dick Heckstall-Smith, on a number of occasions.

+1

Saw Dick play with Jack Bruce at an Alexis Korner memorial concert a few years ago.

Rare Bird
20-11-2012, 13:09
Their was a female flautist called Barbara Thompson on 'Valentyne Suite & 'Daughter of time' that im sure a lot are unaware of :)

MikeMusic
20-11-2012, 13:11
Their was a female flautist called Barbara Thompson on 'Valentyne Suite & 'Daughter of time' that im sure a lot are unaware of :)

Wife of Jon Hiseman the drummer !

Rare Bird
20-11-2012, 13:21
Thats right

Barry
20-11-2012, 20:53
'Those who are about to die salute you', 'Valentyne Suite' & 'Daughter Of Time' are all top notch .. & for our American folk who will be familiar with 'The Grass Is Greener' release.

My copies of the first three titles are due to you André. :)

Many thanks!

MikeMusic
20-11-2012, 21:24
My copies of the first three titles are due to you André. :)

Many thanks!

Get "Live Colosseum" if you don't have it. Stupendous double album
You might also like Colosseum II. Not quite the same, band or music