PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Spindle Hole On Record Weight

RobbieGong
14-11-2012, 13:12
How would I go about increasing the spindle hole area on the Alluminium Record weight I've just purchased ? I mean this should be fairly easy to do shouldn't it :scratch: ?
I have the Mike New bearing which has a bigger spindle than most stock bearings.

YNWaN
14-11-2012, 13:47
Use a nice sharp drill in a pillar drill to just drill it a bit bigger - of course, you need to know the exact diameter of the spindle first?

Actually, do you mean the spindle diameter is bigger or that it is longer, than usual?

RobbieGong
14-11-2012, 14:11
Thanks H, I've emailed Mike New to ask the exact diameter of his bearing spindle :) The weight is very nice so dont want to bugger it up so to speak ;)

oscarsaudio
14-11-2012, 14:11
must mean longer as above pillar drill 7.2mm drill (if memory serves me well )my couple are in a tin that says record weight so i don't forget.

RobbieGong
14-11-2012, 18:31
Guys !! Ever felt a right narna ??? I got the weight home from work, placed it it over the spindle and guess what?? Yep !! it slipped on and fitted like a glove ( I really didn't think it would when I received it at work :mental: Looks the absolute business too, sorry for my haste and thanks for the responses towards helping me out as always - top guys and a top forum :)

walpurgis
15-11-2012, 00:09
It's always nice when it just slips in the hole and fits like a glove!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Stratmangler
15-11-2012, 00:12

(sorry, couldn't resist)

You stick gloves on your willy? :eek:

Marco
15-11-2012, 00:14

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Being nicknamed 'Tizer', by an ex-girlfriend, for me it's always a tight fit! :eyebrows:

Marco.

walpurgis
15-11-2012, 00:25
You stick gloves on your willy? :eek:

Not sure I mentioned willies. However.............

walpurgis
15-11-2012, 00:26
Being nicknamed 'Tizer', by an ex-girlfriend, for me it's always a tight fit! :eyebrows:

Marco.

A "tight fit" where?