PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Yamaha A-1000 amplifier

joniakaidiot
13-11-2012, 20:41
Hello,

Anyone have this one lying in the corners, in great condition and willing to sell it to me ... for cheap? :D
I'll purchase that right after paying those items Angus reserved for me, hehe!

Yep, and it's that older amp from 80's I'm looking for, not the DSP model.

Thanks!

ehoove
13-11-2012, 23:20
Great unit, had one in silver, and one in black. Good luck with your quest, class A for 15 watts, and great sounding in A/B for 120 watts. IIRC
Good luck with you Quest,
Jim

joniakaidiot
14-11-2012, 15:09
Jim,

thanks - hopefully I'll find one. ;)

Yep, I understood that this one's a nice amp.
Hey, have you had a chance to compare it with DSP A-1000 or DSP A2 ?

I've read a lot of reviews, especially on DSP A-1000 and it might also be ncie sounding amp - unfortunately AV amp, but could be used as two channel unit too. My friend has A2 and is willing to sell it ... I'd just like to know what kind of units are they compared to that 80's A-1000.

DSJR
14-11-2012, 20:14
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The class A possible power amp is OK, but it's fronted by a nail of a preamp that removes air and space and blands it all up. A fettled Sony TA 5650 in good working order eats it alive ;)

joniakaidiot
14-11-2012, 20:39
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The class A possible power amp is OK, but it's fronted by a nail of a preamp that removes air and space and blands it all up. A fettled Sony TA 5650 in good working order eats it alive ;)

David,

Hehe, you scared me! ;)

How about my Sharp Optonica SA-2121 ... how would it compare with that Yamaha? Have you heard that one?

Would it take me anywhere going from that Optonica to Yamaha?