PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 10:49
My name is Jamie and I am 39 1/3 years old

I like beer, music, my wife, my son, and expensive shiny things (in no particular order....although at the moment expensive shiny things are right up there!!!!)

I just purchased myself an almost mint 1210 with a mike new bearing and timestep he psu....to blast my beautiful records through my beautiful meridian dsp6000 loudspeakers :)

I had a great time reading the debate about mike new v timestep...... And having almost been put off by Timesteps negative comments.... Luckily I saw all the other replies in their droves and it quickly convinced me the mike new is a great big expensive shiny thing well worth having!!!

Hence my intro.... As I will no doubt want to add some comments here and there now I have a Formula 1 version of the 1210!!

Cheers
Jamie

synsei
09-11-2012, 10:51
Welcome aboard Jamie. What sort of music are you into? ;)

Tim
09-11-2012, 10:52
Hi Jamie and welcome to AoS from me, as Dave says what music do you like, we are a nosey bunch in here ;)

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 11:24
Extremely varied music tastes....although I was bought up on electronica and hip hop.... Nowadays lean towards rock more and more.... A few of my faves :

Queens of the stone ages / them crooked vultures
Nirvana
King of Leon (early years I hasten to add... I can't bring myself to sing along to sex on fire)
Damon Alban in all guises - the good the bad and the queen is a fave
Dark Side of the moon of course..... But the remix album dub Side of the moon is pretty awesome!!
Good OLD trance like TIP records hallucinogen dragonfly records
Detroit techno / 90s rave
Chemical brothers albums are great
Krafty cuts
UNKLE
Bella Union is à folk label i like.... Midlake etc
Nas early albums
Public enemy - went to see them the otter dat
Beastie boys... Have à great anthology box set :)
Adèle
Nina Simone i love! As with Janine joplin!!!

Oh....forgot About old drum and bass!!!! Ltj bukem logical progression is up their with my fave albums of all time

And shed loods of independent stuff my local record shop is great at selling me!

I could list 1000 things i love without stopping for breath..... Kind of depends on my mood.

Not à fan of Elvis or classicale music (maybe one day)

Thans for asking you have inspired me to put on soms Janice joplin while i work!!

synsei
09-11-2012, 11:38
Being a bit boring just now as I am spinning Borthers In Arms although I was listening to The Who earlier... :D

I discovered Trance around 1999-2000 and IMO opinion this period has never been bettered although there are one or two stand out tracks from later years. Don't ask me for track names coz I am no expert, I just like a good tune. One track I would love to get on vinyl is titled Your Face (I forget the artist). Ths track appears on disk 1 of the original Trance Nation (Orange sleeve & mixed by Ferry Corsten, possibly track nine). Great track this and I particular like the way it segue's into the following track, it sends shivers down my spine... :D

I am immune to genres but I know what I like. Another fine track I'm particular to is You got 5 on it by Luniz (I think I got that right :scratch:)

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 11:50
Quadrophenia is brilliant too! :)

That compilation looks awesome..i might have to get it although i havent a cd player! .. Ill see if i can track down that one you want.

If youre interested i can send a few of my faves over - im very fussy as theres loads of shit trance out there as you know!!

I have a track that literally brings a tear to my eye - its quite hard hitting but so well out together it gives me rushes with no sniff of illegal substances in sight!!!

:)

synsei
09-11-2012, 11:59
That would be excellent Jamie. I must admit that I have been neglecting the genre recently, as you say there is a lot of shite about and it is becoming more and more difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff. I have Trance Nation 2 as well and there is a track towards the end of disk one which brings a tear to my eye. It is a fabulous track with the most amazing bass line. The problem I have is that the track listings on these albums are miniscule and my eyesight isn't what it once was. I will try and find a magnifying glass later so I can furnish you with the title and artist ;)

synsei
09-11-2012, 12:03
Aha, found it. The track is called If I survive and it is by Hybrid (featuring Julie Cruze). Tis the last track on disk 1 (18) :D

Playing it now... :gig:

spotify:track:2A0W18mYFcjmCxyqMqmrrx

Tim
09-11-2012, 13:12
Nice selection there Jamie, I'm a big Bella Union fan too . . . QOTSA and TCV, superb, did you know Dave Grohl is going to record with QOTSA again on their next album, can't wait for that - seen both bands and they are a cut above live, managed to catch TCV twice, legends.

We have similar tastes and I really like all your music listings, apart from Adele, who I really don't like at all but mainly its her as a person I don't like, she has got a voice and hopefully she will do something with it that it deserves one day - she did say when touring with The Civil Wars she intended to record her next record in Nashville, that could be interesting if she really means it, but I have my doubts that she will follow it through? I really hope she does though as it may help me get over my blind spot for her.

Anyway, thanks for coming back to us and sharing, its always fun to find out what people listen too ;)

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 14:50
I missed TCV at the Brighton Dome.. May regret it for ever more!!! Yes looking forward to qotsa album..... Cant wait!!!

I think Adele is quite nice.....not that ive ever met her i just saw her albert hall gig and thought she came across quite well. I think 21 is a masterpiece of soul music for one so young! Each to their own eh :)

I see you are in Dorset - spent a week their in june with beautiful sunshine... Its like a catalogue for a beatiful greek island if you get the weather! (Durdle daw area)

Thanks for the warm welcome from you both..... More than can be said for some other forums that shall remain nameless..... :)

Tim
09-11-2012, 15:09
I missed TCV at the Brighton Dome.
Ooops, I caught them in Portsmouth and the Royal Albert Hall concert, that was a corker - but I won't mention them again ;)

As for Miss Adkins, I don't like her because of they way she whined when she got her first big tax bill, she's a multi-millionaire and she whines about putting something back in! Mostly though because I sat behind her at a gig in a Church, which has a 'no alcohol' rule in the main area as its a working church, you can buy it in the bar but they ask you not to take it elsewhere. I have been there countless times amongst many celebs and everyone always respects this.... normally. I have only seen one person ever take a drink into the hall and disrespect the Church and that's Adele. That behaviour kind of backs up what I think about her whining about paying her taxes . . . I'll say no more and I'm not even religious either, but that sort of behaviour for me is bang out of order . . . end rant :lol:

Have fun here anyway Jamie, you have come to the right place for Techie advice.

Durdle Door is indeed very beautiful.

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 15:31
That would be excellent Jamie. I must admit that I have been neglecting the genre recently, as you say there is a lot of shite about and it is becoming more and more difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff. I have Trance Nation 2 as well and there is a track towards the end of disk one which brings a tear to my eye. It is a fabulous track with the most amazing bass line. The problem I have is that the track listings on these albums are miniscule and my eyesight isn't what it once was. I will try and find a magnifying glass later so I can furnish you with the title and artist ;)

I checked out your face (its by slacker)..... Not bad

More what i would personally call house music myself..... Check out my favourite album "twisted" by Hallucinogen. Widely regarded as a masterpiece of trance music..... So many layers of sound building up and dropping down.... And some noised to give you goosebumps. In fact fuck it.... Im putting it on now!! :)

One of the few quality albums.... Most trance is one off singles / compilations,

Enjoy... Tell me what you think after a couple of listens :) I wont be offended if you think its shit!

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 15:34
Ooops, I caught them in Portsmouth and the Royal Albert Hall concert, that was a corker - but I won't mention them again ;)

As for Miss Adkins, I don't like her because of they way she whined when she got her first big tax bill, she's a multi-millionaire and she whines about putting something back in! Mostly though because I sat behind her at a gig in a Church, which has a 'no alcohol' rule in the main area as its a working church, you can buy it in the bar but they ask you not to take it elsewhere. I have been there countless times amongst many celebs and everyone always respects this.... normally. I have only seen one person ever take a drink into the hall and disrespect the Church and that's Adele. That behaviour kind of backs up what I think about her whining about paying her taxes . . . I'll say no more and I'm not even religious either, but that sort of behaviour for me is bang out of order . . . end rant :lol:

Have fun here anyway Jamie, you have come to the right place for Techie advice.

Durdle Door is indeed very beautiful.

Yeah she is a bit of a chav... Granted :D

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 16:02
I checked out your face (its by slacker)..... Not bad

More what i would personally call house music myself..... Check out my favourite album "twisted" by Hallucinogen. Widely regarded as a masterpiece of trance music..... So many layers of sound building up and dropping down.... And some noised to give you goosebumps. In fact fuck it.... Im putting it on now!! :)

One of the few quality albums.... Most trance is one off singles / compilations,

Enjoy... Tell me what you think after a couple of listens :) I wont be offended if you think its shit!

By the way - you may need to grit your teeth through some of it.... But you will come out the other side with a smile on your face. Kind regards of no pain no gain.... youll see what i mean :)

Puffin
09-11-2012, 17:56
As with Janine joplin!!!

Janine?!....Janine Butcher - Eastenders more like:lol:

Welcome by the way.

jason
09-11-2012, 18:23
Welcome to AOS Jamie..

Jason.

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 22:51
Janine?!....Janine Butcher - Eastenders more like:lol:

Welcome by the way.

Yeah saw that..... Made me finally turn off auto fucking correct from the ipad!!!

jamington2004
09-11-2012, 22:53
Welcome to AOS Jamie..

Jason.

Thanks Jason. You look scary - I may loose sleep!

;)

Alex_UK
10-11-2012, 12:06
Hi Jamie and welcome to AoS from me too. Quite like a bit of trance myself, though probably more commercial than yours. Enjoy the forum. :)