PDA

View Full Version : Daft question..different amp inputs require different burn-in?

Gazjam
07-11-2012, 15:27
told you it was daft. :)

I'm asking as I've been loving my new Brio-R amp but when I swapped over the I/C from the Dac to a different input it sounded quite different?
More like how it was out of the box.

I was comparing inputs from opposite sides of the inputs at the back.

Just curious :scratch:

DaveK
07-11-2012, 15:41
Gaz,
Daft response but did you go back to the original input and still get the original sound? If so, I think you've answered your own question - or you've got an iffy joint somewhere maybe?
Told you it was a daft response dinta? :lol: :ner:
Dave.

Stratmangler
07-11-2012, 15:42
I'd expect an integrated amp to have just one preamp stage and one poweramp stage per channel, and all of the the inputs to be switched to the relevant preamp stage (ie. left channel, right channel).
So it shouldn't make a difference which input you connect to.

I take it you've reconnected things the way they were and the sound is back to normal?

Gazjam
07-11-2012, 16:29
yeah.
back to original input and back to normal.

interior shot.
http://img4.magnus.de/Rega-Brio-R-r937x545-C-c264f6f9-47836100.jpg

Gazjam
07-11-2012, 16:30
Gaz,
Daft response but did you go back to the original input and still get the original sound? If so, I think you've answered your own question - or you've got an iffy joint somewhere maybe?
Told you it was a daft response dinta? :lol: :ner:
Dave.

Reckon ive answered my own question there dave!

Gazjam
08-11-2012, 10:56
Had the Dac hooked up to the "new" input on the amp played overnight.
Did a comparison with the original input and its now sounding better? :scratch:
Sticking with this one and now worrying about it.

Worth experimenting with different inputs I'd say, especially with a new amp.

sq225917
08-11-2012, 11:06
Yeh that must be the relays burning in.

Gazjam
08-11-2012, 11:09
just wondered if it was a consideration, cheers Simon.

wee tee cee
08-11-2012, 17:22
Might be an idea to remove the cardboard elephant ears.... you're obviously hearing too much detail.......Can I suggest a vileda drying rack with some towels on it behind your head!!!!
should do the trick.....

Gazjam
09-11-2012, 12:00
Might be an idea to remove the cardboard elephant ears.... you're obviously hearing too much detail.......Can I suggest a vileda drying rack with some towels on it behind your head!!!!
should do the trick.....

Whit you like..? :lol:

brian2957
09-11-2012, 12:53
I tried it last night but the wife needed the stuff back before I could form an opinion.

synsei
09-11-2012, 13:08
Damn, the Brio R is almost as good looking inside as it is on the outside, that is a quality bit of kit. It'd be interesting to hear how one performed in comparison with my current amp set up... ;)

Gazjam
09-11-2012, 15:02
Damn, the Brio R is almost as good looking inside as it is on the outside, that is a quality bit of kit. It'd be interesting to hear how one performed in comparison with my current amp set up... ;)

If your ever up in Scotlandshire Dave your welcome to pop in for a listen.

Its a VERY nice amp.

synsei
09-11-2012, 15:14
If your ever up in Scotlandshire Dave your welcome to pop in for a listen.

Its a VERY nice amp.

Unless I win the Lottery in the near future it is unlikely that I will be coming north of the border any time soon Gaz as I no longer have any transport matey, which is a real shame as it is a beautiful part of the world :(

As for Rega, it never ceases to amaze me that they are able to produce stunning products which are such good value, especially as they are designed and manufactured in the UK from the ground up. It just goes to show that it is still possible to do this in today's financial climate... :cool:

Gazjam
09-11-2012, 16:03
Unless I win the Lottery in the near future it is unlikely that I will be coming north of the border any time soon Gaz as I no longer have any transport matey, which is a real shame as it is a beautiful part of the world :(

As for Rega, it never ceases to amaze me that they are able to produce stunning products which are such good value, especially as they are designed and manufactured in the UK from the ground up. It just goes to show that it is still possible to do this in today's financial climate... :cool:

Cheers Dave,
I'm sure a local Rega dealer would be happy to let you hear one compared to your own amp.

Rega rock, unapologetic fanboy here.
They are all about best sound for your pound in all the different price brackets they produce for.

The Brio-R/Dac and RS3 combination is really summit special.