PDA

View Full Version : Another one landed

Steve H
26-02-2009, 21:46
Hi everyone. Interesting forum and I like the ethos - a lot of people in this hobby seem to get very intense and furrow browed about it so the approach here is refreshing.

I have a two channel system of dCS transport and DAC, McIntosh 501 amps and Usher BE-10 speakers. (I've seen the comments about willy waving and I'm not doing that :( I've bought most of the system second hand and my wife counts each "new box" as a missed holiday....)

I also have a Cowon X5 which I load with FLAC files. I like it a lot for it's build quality and love it for it's sound quality.

Like a lot of folk, I claim "a broad range of musical interest". I grew up with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Cream and Hawkwind, got into arguments because I liked Status Quo (still do) and found Genesis difficult to enjoy (and still do). I got into Opera when I watched an Alfasud advert on TV which had largo al factotum from the Barber of Seville playing in the background, discovered chamber music initially in the form of Haydn and Mozart concertos and now just enjoy exploring and discovering more and more. Shouldn't bang on here too much - I look forward to finding some threads to contribute to.

Steve

Spectral Morn
26-02-2009, 21:53
HI Steve

Welcome to AOS.

How about posting some photos of your set up in the Gallery section. Sounds like a very good and interesting set up.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

Beechwoods
26-02-2009, 23:20
Hi Steve! Glad you like it here, and welcome to the forum. It's great you find it so distinctive. That's what we like about it :) Hope you get stuck in to some of the discussions :)