PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Belgium

OneyedK
06-11-2012, 16:29
Hi,

My name is Karl.
I've been spinning vinyl and 78's since I was 3 years old...
My current turntables are:
A Thorens TD160, a Thorens TD126III and a Technics SL-1200mkII.
I recently ordered a new bearing for the Technics and Mike New suggested
that I'd have a look around the AoS forum, so here I am.
My main system consists of a Musical Fidelity A3, driving a pair of Focal Chorus 836V's.
And a couple of tube amps, wich are a constant work in progress.
For CD playing, I prefer a Denon DCD-1550 with a TwistedPear DAC.

I was a sound engineer for 11 years, in the beginning of the 21st century, I turned over to the dark side, more management.
Electrinics is my strong point, both tubes and SS.
In the tube field, I feel most comfortable around guitar amps, were one can design the distortion one want.
Not so easy with hifi tube amps, as most distortion there is unwanted (to my ears).
At the end of the day, I'm happy with the MF A3, some tube amps sound "nicer", but most of the time I prefer the part "fidelity" of HiFi.

Will take my first steps mainly reading, but I hope to be able to contribute something to this community.

Greetz!

Alex_UK
06-11-2012, 16:37
Hi Karl, and welcome to AoS. So, what sort of music do you like? Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

John
06-11-2012, 17:20
Hi Karl
Looking forward to reading your posts
Do you mind sharing what music you enjoy listening too

Tim
06-11-2012, 17:28
Hi Karl and a warm welcome to AoS from me :)

OneyedK
06-11-2012, 18:41
Thanks!

Difficult to say what kind of music I play most of the time.
Massive attack, Portishead, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Van Halen, Meat Love, The Sweet, Slade, ACDC, Madonna, Faithless, Roxy Music, Louis Prima, Elvis Presley, Billy Bragg, etc. etc.
Lots of "old" 12"es and 45ers too...
Don't have much classical recordings (not that I don't like the music, just not bought much)...
I have to admit, my copies of the HFN test record and Adjust+ Pro test record are also often spun ;)

Alex_UK
06-11-2012, 18:52
With you all the way - well, apart from Meat Love - a step too far for me! ;)