PDA

View Full Version : New Mac Mini (?)

aquapiranha
26-02-2009, 21:45
I have mentioned this elsewhere, but it may get more exposure here. If anyone is thinking of buying a mini for streaming purposes, it may be as well to hold on for a while as there are conflicting rumours of a substantial upgrade on the cards. On the one side there is the Core2Duo, on the other, the Atom chip...

Various sites like Macrumors have the stories, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone is thinking of taking the plunge. the addition of an iphone / touch gives the ultimate remote control too! add a nice dac like a Beresford* and off you go!

*other DACs are available ( albeit at silly money prices :lol: )

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=646851&page=4

racey
28-02-2009, 06:34
I suspect that many of the rumours are wishful thinking.
I was very disappointed that there were no developments with the Mac mini or Apple TV in January despite all the rumours.:steam:

Sheldon N
28-02-2009, 23:53
I've been waiting for the new Mac Mini for months now. It's killing me!

aquapiranha
01-03-2009, 00:25
Well a big upgrade is on the cards, well overdue. Apple would be silly not to as the mini is a cheap(er) intro into mac ownership and will allow others to appreciate the joys of mac ownership without the massive initial financial outlay. But, perhaps most importantly of all, if they go for the new Nvidia platform, then COD4 becomes a reality on the mini !!!

racey
01-03-2009, 08:18
Well a big upgrade is on the cards, well overdue.
But how do you know? We've heard it all before.