PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the West Midlands

TIU
04-11-2012, 23:41
South Birmingham to be precise. J7 left the door open so I wandered over to have a peek in. :stalks:

Currently running a heavily modified Lenco 69 with plywood plinth, Linn Basik LVX arm with a Goldring Eroica LX MC cart, aptly amplified by a Copland CSA8 amp and Graham Slee Fanfare phono amp. Not sure if the arm fully supports the MC cart, albeit a cheaper one as most suggest the LVX is best with MM. I've gone a bought an MC only phono amp now so changing back will be a bit costly.

Current speakers are Epos ES22, which are just about the right size for my room. Anyone familiar with these will know they are 3-way (and tri-wired) with quite small drivers but they do punch well, especially with the very able Copland up their jacksies. I tried new Kef Q300 standmounts (bought new, probably swayed by all the fuss and awards) but didn't get on with them in my room. Maybe I wasn't patient enough to allow them to fully run in but they never reached that 'wow, these are great' moment.

My musical tastes are varied; I still love vinyl and that medium will always be my preferred choice. I have many original LPs from the early to late 70s still in near mint condition - all the floyd, led zep, genesis, etc and I used to put them on tape as soon as I bought them so they were hardly played or handled.

The remastering of old albums has increased dramatically over the past few years; it's a pain trying to keep up. My want list is growing all the time and of course we are continually reaching key anniversaries of major releases. Just lately I'm getting more and more into Dylan. Whether that's my age (52) or the fact he keeps releasing great albums, who knows? I could spend a small fortune just catching up with his output (35 studio albums?)

John
05-11-2012, 05:50
Hi Gary
Welcome to AOS
Nice introduction
Would love to see some pictures of the Lenco an hear how you modified it
John

Marco
05-11-2012, 11:09
Yo, Turners - long time no see... Howz it hangin'? Welcome to AoS! :)

Marco.