PDA

View Full Version : New Beresford Bushmaster owner

muso37
02-11-2012, 10:28
Hello, joined these forums since I am a proud new owner of a Beresford Bushmaster DAC, and I know that Stan frequents these forums :)

I am feeding the DAC from a squeezebox device (mostly with flac files, mostly classical music), and also a Marantz CD5001 though the latter might be upgraded soon.

Living and working in the UK, am currently looking to upgrade my amp and speakers by exploring the second-hand market - hoping to pick up a bargain or two on ebay! If anyone knows a better online source for second-hand hifi - please let me know.

The Grand Wazoo
02-11-2012, 11:25
Hi Jeremy,
Here's a warm welcome to AoS from me (also in Lancs).
What does the rest of your system consist of, and what sort of music do you like to listen to on it?

Cheers

MartinT
02-11-2012, 11:47
Hello Jeremy and welcome to AoS :)

muso37
02-11-2012, 12:11
Hi Jeremy,
Here's a warm welcome to AoS from me (also in Lancs).
What does the rest of your system consist of, and what sort of music do you like to listen to on it?

Cheers

Route to my headphones:
squeezebox classic/Marantz CD5001 -> QED coax -> Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530DC-B -> BeyerDynamic DT880 (semi-open) / Denon AH-D2000 (closed)

2nd route:
-> Marantz PM4001 amp -> QED interconnects -> Heed Canamp -> (cans as above)

Route to my speakers:
-> Marantz PM4001 amp -> QED speaker cable -> Mordaunt Short Avant 904i

Looking for advice in upgrading amp and speakers next! This is all budget kit apart from the Beresford DAC (budget in price but not performance) and the Heed Canamp (which I might look to sell, since the Beresford does just as fine a job as a headphone amp as the Heed) - but I have high upgrade aspirations.

Listen mostly to classical (Stravinsky is my particular favourite), but also Alternative Rock/Indie & World music (African mostly).

muso37
02-11-2012, 12:42
NB. I'm also the author of muso (http://klarita.net/muso.html), a windows app to manage digital music collections.