PDA

View Full Version : Good Robin Trower Live albums - surprised ?

MikeMusic
01-11-2012, 15:28
Often a filler with tracks done poorly and very often poor quality

I reckon RT has done a couple of so so live albums however both
Live on the King Biscuit Flower Hour
and
RT@RO.08

are worth having if you are a RT fan and likely if you are not but like good Hendrix leaning guitar
Certainly worth a sample if yo uneed convincing
The versions of track already available are subtly or quite different so you are getting originals, not stocking up on duff versions of tracks you have done better on a studio album
Good sound quality for both

Eremite
01-11-2012, 15:49
Oh...the mid seventies "Live" album (recorded in Stockholm) was staple diet in my student days. I think I wore the grooves of that one out.

Got it on CD again recently where it's been coupled with "For Earth Below".

The Grand Wazoo
01-11-2012, 16:10
Superb version of 'Daydream' on that one - my fave Trower track (it's not like 'Little Wing' at all really!)

Eremite
01-11-2012, 16:24
Superb version of 'Daydream' on that one - my fave Trower track (it's not like 'Little Wing' at all really!)

I'm perfectly happy for one musician to quote another if it gives us more good music :)

After all, it was common practice in the baroque era to do a thingy on a theme by so-and-so :violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:

MikeMusic
02-11-2012, 08:57
Oh...the mid seventies "Live" album (recorded in Stockholm) was staple diet in my student days. I think I wore the grooves of that one out.

Got it on CD again recently where it's been coupled with "For Earth Below".

If you like that give these 2 a good listen
Some old and some new, with variations and improvisation that can be done by a guy who's been at it for many years