PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Vintage Stax Headphones

Colin151
01-11-2012, 13:22
I was a Stax nutter a few years ago and owned all of these Stax headphones below, but sold them all on in preference for some dynamic headphone I favoured at the time. I've since regretted it and want to rebuy some of these phones if I can find any. I’m looking for the following models (in order of preference): -

Normal Bias Lambda (SR Lambda)
SRX MK3,
Gamma Pro,
Alpha Pro excellent,
Lambda Signature,
Sigma Pro,
Sigma,
Lambda Pro

Please let me know if you have anything. Will consider headphones alone or together with energiser boxes/amps.

I’m not interested in the newer ranges (Nova/202/303/404/407/507 etc) as I don’t personally like the sound as much as the older stuff.

Would also consider Omega I or II system (as per my other wanted ad)

Eremite
01-11-2012, 16:03
I do have a pair of Lambda Pro's (+ SRD-X pro energizer) that I've been mulling over whether to try to offload - they don't get the use they deserve. They date from the mid 1990's and are in good nick for their age (the mesh on one side has begun to wear - I can post photos if you're interested). Open to offers :)

Colin151
06-11-2012, 19:48
Still looking.

Eremite
08-11-2012, 16:00
Here's a picture of the foam rot in one of the earpieces.

SquireC
08-11-2012, 17:04
I have a pair of Lambda Nova Signatures.

Colin151
08-11-2012, 18:23
I have a pair of Lambda Nova Signatures.

Hi Dave,
Many thanks for mentioning the Novas but as I said in my OP I'm not really after the newer Stax phones, - more the vintage ones on my list above.

I had the LNS before a few years ago and whilst it is quite nice I sold it on. Thanks all the same for offering it though.

My favourite Lambda shaped Stax headphone is the original Normal bias Lambda. If anyone has a set of those I'd really love to hear from you. The SRX MK3 and Gamma Pros are next on my want list, but I'd consider the others on the list above too. And if anyone has an Omega/Omega II system they might sell I would also love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Colin

SquireC
09-11-2012, 17:53
Hi Dave,
Many thanks for mentioning the Novas but as I said in my OP I'm not really after the newer Stax phones, - more the vintage ones on my list above.

I had the LNS before a few years ago and whilst it is quite nice I sold it on. Thanks all the same for offering it though.

My favourite Lambda shaped Stax headphone is the original Normal bias Lambda. If anyone has a set of those I'd really love to hear from you. The SRX MK3 and Gamma Pros are next on my want list, but I'd consider the others on the list above too. And if anyone has an Omega/Omega II system they might sell I would also love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Colin

No probs at all Colin. Just thought I'd mention it.