PDA

View Full Version : When you're sad - Which album makes you smile?

prestonchipfryer
31-10-2012, 08:21
Sure, we all get times when perhaps we are sad, or a little under the weather.

During those sort of times, what music do you listen to, to cheer youself up?

Is it music from your youth? A happy time in your life, maybe an anniversary, or perhaps the acquisition of some new equipment?

Myself? Well (don't laugh) I listen to Peters and Lee ''greatest hits''.

Yes, thats right, the couple from the early 70s who were ''discovered'' on Opportunity Knocks, hosted by Hughie Green (remember him?).

This record reminds me of the happiest time of my life; the time when I got married to my wife. And we are still together, now 39 years.

So then, which is your cheerer-upper recording?

:)

the engine
31-10-2012, 09:19
Sorry...not an album but
psycho killer.
The first record me n her danced to when we met at a sex pistols gig in yorkshire...ahhhhh bless.

Tarzan
31-10-2012, 09:25
Days of future passed- The Moody Blues, an album of great joy and optimism.

walpurgis
31-10-2012, 12:02
I've been accused of having no emotions, and its true I don't react much to things.

The only thing that really gets to me is hearing of children or animals suffering.

But before I digress too much, one track that always puts a smile on my face is 'Carry On' by Crosby, Stills & Nash. In fact, the whole album Deja Vu is a delight, 'Almost Cut My Hair' being a masterpiece.

The Grand Wazoo
31-10-2012, 12:23
A couple of tracks spring to mind:

Clarence Gatemouth Brown - 'Frosty' from the album 'Alright Again'

The You Tube clip of a live performance is all I could find. It's not a patch on the studio version, but you get the idea.

Frank Zappa - 'We Are Not Alone' from 'The Man From Utopia'

d4w-8XnBEfQ dHx5C4O0Cvg

prestonchipfryer
31-10-2012, 12:35
A couple of tracks spring to mind:

Clarence Gatemouth Brown - 'Frosty' from the album 'Alright Again'

The You Tube clip of a live performance is all I could find. It's not a patch on the studio version, but you get the idea.

Frank Zappa - 'We Are Not Alone' from 'The Man From Utopia'

d4w-8XnBEfQ dHx5C4O0Cvg

I can hear why Zappa would cheer someone up. It's what I describe as zippy. :)

The Grand Wazoo
31-10-2012, 12:46
That baritone sax makes me smile a lot!

chelsea
31-10-2012, 13:57
The smiths - meat is murder.

Barry
31-10-2012, 14:13
Ishmaėl Lo - Dabah

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413NCXS4QEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or anything by Nina Simone.

jollyfix
31-10-2012, 14:45
RED ROCKING CHAIR, by Doc and Merle Watson.

GOING BACK WEST , Jimmy Cliff.

DRUNK, Jimmy Liggins.

LIFE DEPENDS ON LOVE, Bert Jansch.

WALK RIGHT IN, Fluffy Hunter,

loads of ska stuff, but sometimes i have found it depends on how 'sad' you feel etc. 4 family members and a best mate passed away the other month, i didnt play any music then as i didnt want to associate songs or artists with what i was going through.

Tarzan
31-10-2012, 15:43
I've been accused of having no emotions, and its true I don't react much to things.

The only thing that really gets to me is hearing of children or animals suffering.

But before I digress too much, one track that always puts a smile on my face is 'Carry On' by Crosby, Stills & Nash. In fact, the whole album Deja Vu is a delight, 'Almost Cut My Hair' being a masterpiece.

Wow! That is interesting Geoff, a brilliant album, but quite a bit darker than their first l think, glad you like it tis truly a great album, 4+20, amazing song.:)

John
31-10-2012, 15:53
I love how Gatemouth always brings so much joy into his music
gzxa49fefq8 This always make me smile

DanJennings
01-11-2012, 19:17
XTC - Wasp Star, it is impossible to listen to 'We're All Light' 'The Wheel And The Maypole' 'Stupidly Happy' or 'You And The Clouds Will Still Be Beautiful' without a stupid grin on your face. Never get tired of it.
aEu5PkGBHRc

bobbasrah
01-11-2012, 19:33
From a wonderful album...

yQm8nU0eaiY

wee tam
01-11-2012, 19:52
forever young , bob dylan , simple wishes for a loved one

wee tam
01-11-2012, 19:55
bob dylan forever young , this is what you would write for a child or loved one

UoQYKnAz40o