PDA

View Full Version : Dont you just hate it.....when

seoirse2002
30-10-2012, 23:33
Just thought I'd start off this thread with some of my pet hates....what's yours?

Every second piece of Sh*t on ebay is now being referred to as "audiophile quality" or just "audiophile"....dont you just hate it?

When reading a really interesting thread on here....usually a member talking about kit he has or is going to buy or desires even.....not particularly that expensive or special but HE likes it......then some know it all(you know who you are) comes along and ruins it by quoting all sorts of facts and figures and other such nonsense like textbook crap usually reserved for people trying to sell more crap based on figures and facts....and all the member has decided he wants the item because he heard it somewhere and is LETTING HIS EARS DECIDE.
I personally have bought some right crocks of Sh*t based on facts and figures and magazine quotes....Its the same in the photographic business where you get these nerds quoting all sorts of crap about their lenses and cameras,when in reality you would need to enlarge the pic over 100 times to tell the difference between certain lenses....
Many years ago when I bought a sansui quadrophonic amp and was proudly boasting to all my friends about it....my best friend at the time,turned around quietly and said to me,"why would you need 4 speakers" "you've only got 2 ears"...
40 years later,he is still my best friend. Sometimes we need to be grounded a little.Its not all about the facts and figures.Theres music in there somewhere.Most of us enjoy it...but lately Im hearing a lot of people just talking about it,but not actually listening to it...Just listening to the equipment.:scratch:
So any other pet hates out there?:cool:

realysm42
30-10-2012, 23:51
Some people use the numbers to base their decisions on; I'm not going there (again) and whilst I don't agree with objectivists fully, I don't agree with posting my opinions as fact either.

Being passive aggressive doesn't get you far.

synsei
31-10-2012, 01:42
Many years ago when I bought a sansui quadrophonic amp and was proudly boasting to all my friends about it....my best friend at the time,turned around quietly and said to me,"why would you need 4 speakers" "you've only got 2 ears"...

Classic... :lol:

To quote Genesis, "I know what I like and I like what I know...", and frankly that's all there is to it ;)