PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hamburg

Tolstoi
24-02-2009, 19:25
Hi,
after years of vinyl abstinence I'm a turntable owner again for over two years now. After some time I've ended up with a Technics SL-1210MKII in the end and am very satisfied with that deck.

Looking forward to do some interesting reading here :).

Regards

Joerg

Spectral Morn
24-02-2009, 20:31
Hi Tolstoi

Welcome to AOS...enjoy.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

Marco
24-02-2009, 21:43
Hi Joerg,

Welcome to AOS - nice part of the world you're from :)

You'll find plenty of information on the SL-1210 here - enjoy!

Marco.

Beechwoods
25-02-2009, 06:38
Hi Joerg, welcome back to the analogue world :) And welcome to AOS.

Tolstoi
25-02-2009, 15:24
Thanks. Yes, welcome back indeed. Happy that the hassle is over now especially for the person or people running the forum. Must have been annoying for you.

Regards

Joerg

pulsestudio
25-02-2009, 18:51
Hi Joerg

I think you must be the same guy, remember me, I believe you had some Evox-Rifa 2.2uF Polycarbonate caps from me over on " the other " forum, for a charity cause ! was this yooohooooo ????

Anyway welcome to the analogue/vinyl club now you have reinlisted as a fully paid up member, it's good here when it aint being hacked, what is your system ? and fave vinyl spinners :) I too am a :newbie:
Paul

Tolstoi
25-02-2009, 19:35
Hi Paul,
no, I'm not the guy with the Evox-Rifa caps for you, sorry.

As mentioned above I have a Technics SL-1210MKII equipped with a Denon DL-110. Have Sumiko Pearl somewhere in a drawer but broke the needle once a while ago while doing some adjusting. Want to test it sometime because I remember it having a nice dark sound. As a CD there is a Linn Mimik II I fetched second hand from a local newspaper. Amplifier is a McIntosh MA-5100 and my speakers are open baffles with drivers from Hawthorne Audio, the 15" Silver Iris coaxials.

Favourite vinyl is Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, Sonny Rollins - Way Out West, War - Platinum Jazz, Neil Young - Harvest, John Coltrane - Dakar and a lot of Thelonius Monk stuff.

Cheers

Joerg