PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hull (East Yorkshire)

cpjvej2012
25-10-2012, 13:06
Hi everyone,

I'm Chris, Originally from Darlington, Moved to Hull 7 years ago to be with the woman of my dreams and for a new start and job prospects. Anyway I've been training as an IT / Network engineer for 3 years, been working in Telecomms now for 2 years. I am a Hi-Fi Enthusiast to the point where the Mrs is sick of the hi-fi that comes into and goes out of our house!

My first hifi was a Technics Sperates System (SU-X520 Amp, SLP-J20A Optical CD Deck, etc) and I had that for about 5 years until the amp gave up. Once the amp gave up it was time to replace the CDP also since it was optical only, and I'd picked up another Technics amp that didnt know optical existed, so I went on ebay and picked up and SL-P990. Had that systems for round about a year with the Technics SB-CS90 speakers. That was a good system but I fancied a change.

This lead me into my love affair with Pioneer kit, I saved up for a year and bought a Pioneer A300 amp, Pioneer PDS-707 CDP, and a Pioneer CT-W506DR tape deck. I had that right up until 2 years ago when sadly we had to move, the house was a lot smaller and I was out of work (unfortunately) so I had to sell my beloved Pioneer Kit (Wish I hadn't but needs must). Advertised it all in the Paper and got £200 for the lot for a quick sale.

So anyway, lately I've thrown a quick system together just to try and get back into the swing of things in the hi-fi world, I managed to find A NAD 3020e at a charity shop for £15 so I grabbed it, I also got given a Pioneer PD-106 by a friend so I'm using that for my CD's. I also had a friend who had a set of Aiwa SX-N999MkII going spare so I borrowed those for a while, I liked them so much (don't usually like Aiwa) that I purchased a pair on ebay for a tenner. The speakers are fantastic at 160watts per channel, nice and powerful and quite small as I haven't got a lot of room but now I'm on the Hunt...... I'm after either another A300 or an A400 (keep looking on ebay but get outbid very quickly) and maybe another PD-S range CDP,

Currently I'm working in a start-up organization so don't get paid a lot and don't have a lot of money spare... but I really miss my hi-fi!!!!!

I hope to find some good deals on here!!

And that's my story!!

P.S - I like all kinds of music, from The Beatles right up to some present day stuff, for example Labrinth, Tinie Tempah. I like a bit of trance as well for example Armin Van Buuren, Cosmic Gate, Dash Berlin etc.

Thanks everyone!

John
25-10-2012, 13:26
Welcome Chris
Thanks for the introduction
Lots of good cheap gear out there and friendly advice here

Tarzan
25-10-2012, 14:03
Welcome Chris, a proper intro:clap:

MartinT
25-10-2012, 14:10
Hi Chris, as long as you haven't lost "the woman of your dreams" then I reckon you'll be fine. Welcome to AoS and we'll try and help that system rebuild.

cpjvej2012
25-10-2012, 14:18
:) Never lost the woman, married her in 2010 and been together 7 years now!!

Thanks everyone - who knows I may even find some gear on here to buy!!

I'm pleased to be part of AoS!!