PDA

View Full Version : Hello Peeps!!

Johnnie7
24-10-2012, 18:26
hi Guys

just like to say thanks to all you guys for the recommendations and referrals you send me !!!

guess i owe a few beers out :cool::cool:

many thanks guys

j7

southall-1998
24-10-2012, 20:05
Welcome J7 :)

No doubt, people on here will be sending their tonearms to you for a face lift very soon.

Johnnie7
24-10-2012, 21:04
lo shane

thanks for the welcome m8ty

yes face-lift-service-is-us :D heheh

StanleyB
24-10-2012, 21:38
Hi John, nice catching you here. That turntable bearing oil I bought from you a few years ago really did all of my turntables a lot of good :).

John
25-10-2012, 04:55
Welcome to AOS

Marco
25-10-2012, 07:02
Yo, Johnny baby, howz it hangin', ma man? Great to see you here at long last! :) ;)

Hope you're keeping well and that business is good. Get stuck into the threads and advertise in the trade section.

If you're a good boy, we might even give you your own room within the trade area, which we can split into sub-sections, allowing you to advertise and update all areas of your business, as the need allows!

Anyway, in the meantime, enjoy (set up an avatar), and let folks get to know you here who don't know you already :cool:

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
25-10-2012, 07:49
Jonnie,

Bout time you got your arse in here, thanks for all the work with the tone arms over the years, the 3012 looks great

Andy

julesd68
25-10-2012, 08:40
hey J - are u still running your Source deck??
If u are, do stick some pix in the Gallery ... :)

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 11:45
hi guys

many thx for the kind words!!

yes i still have my source deck...and its a very special unit as the origonal power supply was a massive black box with see throught front panel...and wait for it powerd by valves :eek:...i have never seen anything like it
does anyone know about a valve power supply for the source?

bw
j7
\

julesd68
25-10-2012, 11:55
What?? You have a valve power supply for your Source????????????????

Gimme pix!

Mine is a pissy little box that looks like it was supplied by Argos.

You must be jesting. If not, be very careful not to give out your address.
Otherwise there might be a visitor from London wearing a stripy t-shirt and carrying a bag with "swag" written on it ... :lol:

DSJR
25-10-2012, 12:17
Hi at last Johnnie and very welcome to ya!!!!

P.S. and no, the Decca Microscanner's still not for sale :lol:

worrasf
25-10-2012, 12:23
Hi J7
You made a superb job of rewiring my SME 3009 II.

Glad to see you posting here.

Steve

MartinT
25-10-2012, 14:12
Hi Johnnie and welcome to AoS. Your reputation precedes you. I had a nice Ultracraft I nearly sent you for refurb, but it's now gone to another home.

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 15:40
Hi Johnnie and welcome to AoS. Your reputation precedes you. I had a nice Ultracraft I nearly sent you for refurb, but it's now gone to another home.

DAM !!
ill need make a mental note
"get customers to send there parcels asap...no thinking time ) hehhehe:lol:

and glad everyone is happy with the work done on the arms...keep it coming :|)

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 15:42
Hi at last Johnnie and very welcome to ya!!!!

P.S. and no, the Decca Microscanner's still not for sale :lol:

Double Dam !!!

i just treated myself to a brand new dynavector XX2 ...will pick it up saturday :stalks:

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 16:22
What?? You have a valve power supply for your Source????????????????

Gimme pix!

Mine is a pissy little box that looks like it was supplied by Argos.

You must be jesting. If not, be very careful not to give out your address.
Otherwise there might be a visitor from London wearing a stripy t-shirt and carrying a bag with "swag" written on it ... :lol:

check my big box out :)

The Grand Wazoo
25-10-2012, 18:18
Hi Johnnie and welcome to AoS from me.

...... I had a nice Ultracraft I nearly sent you for refurb, but it's now gone to another home.

It might well get there yet, Martin....Johnnie & I exchanged some emails about it some time ago!

julesd68
25-10-2012, 18:31
check my big box out :)

I feel sick. :spew:

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 18:44
I feel sick. :spew:

heheheh
AND there is a twiddly knob on the back panel that can twist and do things....err not exactly sure what tho?

the deck came with the lead between the Ps and deck missing...so i have been a little scared to experiment and watch both the deck and PS go up in smoke

ideally i need find someone who knows why there is 2 outputs on the PS and stuff like that before i even think about making a lead up:steam:

julesd68
25-10-2012, 18:51
Feck me I never even knew these existed!

I reckon I have more chance of seeing the Second Coming than finding another one ...

Have you had a chat with John Gordon about it? If anyone can help, it's probably John.

I would love to do something about my puny power supply but not really sure where to start. :scratch:

Alex_UK
25-10-2012, 19:45
Hi Johnnie, and welcome from me too - great to have you here. :)

MartinT
25-10-2012, 20:25
It might well get there yet, Martin....Johnnie & I exchanged some emails about it some time ago!

I honestly will be very glad to hear that you've got it up and running. Gorgeous arm, just had no place for it once I'd got my lovely Dynavector.

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 20:39
Feck me I never even knew these existed!

I reckon I have more chance of seeing the Second Coming than finding another one ...

Have you had a chat with John Gordon about it? If anyone can help, it's probably John.

I would love to do something about my puny power supply but not really sure where to start. :scratch:

yea johns a really nice guy..hope he pops in again
this PS is truly a beast ...im too scared to plug it in incase it sucks me into another world heheheh:cool:

i made a gold pu7 to fit on this deck...once fitted it did not need the springs adjusted...even after all these years...its a well made bit of kit

ive been told the 36v supply was a little too high and would be best having it lowered to 24v like i believe the factory models did in later versions

i met mike moore a long time ago and had a listen to his system
was really nice as was the tea and cake...i just wonder if this was the deck he used or demo model or had a special job to do with such a expensive (or unusual )Power supply

bw
j7

julesd68
25-10-2012, 20:54
John Gordon is now on AOS if u didn't know, so drop him a line!

Could I ask what carts you have tried with your Source?

I'm looking to buy an MC for mine ...

Johnnie7
25-10-2012, 21:09
yea me and john are old friends and i have been following his blog web page and we have met around the forums ...i got to take me hat of to john hes done many fine works of art ...and if i say ahead of his time!!

i tryed many mm and mc over the years i dont think the deck is affected much by the cartridge its more the Cartridge compliance or Arms effective mass you want to consider

think your stogie is a midish effective mass ill guess at 12-14 grams so ...will be perfect for a benz or lyra or dynavector or transfiguration mid to lowish compliance type Mc

any question just ask
bw
j7

Riislingen
29-10-2012, 20:26
Ahh J7 - the infamous :eyebrows:

Good to see you here, you must have fettled 3 arms for me over the years...

Hope all is well with you.

Cheers

Johnnie7
30-10-2012, 17:19
Ahh J7 - the infamous :eyebrows:

Good to see you here, you must have fettled 3 arms for me over the years...

Hope all is well with you.

Cheers

heheh nice to be here...keep the arms coming :D

Beechwoods
30-10-2012, 18:31
Welcome to the forum Johnnie, it's good to have you here, I hope you enjoy yourself too!

Johnnie7
31-10-2012, 12:55
thanks nick !!

Beobloke
31-10-2012, 13:03
J7 eh?

I'm sure I've heard of him. Nice fella apparently.... :D

:wave:

Johnnie7
31-10-2012, 18:04
J7 eh?

heheheh nice to see u here Mr Smith !!!:cool:

nat8808
02-11-2012, 13:26
J7 eh?

Apparently there never was a johnnie4 and johnnie6 had some major production issues. All ironed out in no. 7 tho which has not yet been superceeded .

The Source uses a Papst doesn't it, which is a 3 phase motor .. In AC form anyway, but Source is DC? Oh, l don't know.....

Welcome to AoS Johnnie !

Johnnie7
06-11-2012, 13:46
lo nat

yes it does use that motor and with 24-36v input

the motor has a wee pcb surrounding it so im not sure if it makes the output to the motor 2or 3 phase

snapper
06-11-2012, 14:51
:eek:

Welcome Johnnie, nice to see you posting here at long last. I hope you're well and your business is booming.

I'll be in contact, once I've saved up some pennies.

:cool:

Johnnie7
08-11-2012, 13:25
lo m8ty

ill get the kettle on :0

Effem
08-11-2012, 13:53
Hello and welcome J, ya ole bastid :)

Hope that bizniss is brisk and making lots of pennies m8 :eyebrows:

Johnnie7
09-11-2012, 13:34
Hello and welcome J, ya ole bastid :)