Still not certain about Bakerloo.......

Audioman
24-10-2012, 10:32
Apparently getting around copyright by altering the pitch

If you are sure about an album like Bakerloo for instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Ma6GHH6FhPE&feature=fvwp

or if you have a yearning to hear 'that' album right now

Still not certain about Bakerloo.......

I have seen a lot of complete albums listed on youtube recently. I can't see why altering pitch would void copyright. Frankly some CD remastering engineers regularly achieve similar results :). More likely record companies who have a royalties agreement with Youtube are relaxed about this. I bet there are no Warner Music albums allowed on there.

Paul.

MikeMusic
24-10-2012, 10:41
I have seen a lot of complete albums listed on youtube recently. I can't see why altering pitch would void copyright. Frankly some CD remastering engineers regularly achieve similar results :). More likely record companies who have a royalties agreement with Youtube are relaxed about this. I bet there are no Warner Music albums allowed on there.

Paul.
Been good for me
Checked out the full album and in most case not bought as not too good

Audioman
24-10-2012, 10:59
Been good for me
Checked out the full album and in most case not bought as not too good

Mike.

There is some WEA stuff ! - Doors and Love. Anyway perhaps they now realise that 'sampling' is likely to generate some extra sales. None of it is in very good quality sound by current YT standards. Problem is I have most of the good stuff already. Bakerloo is solid blues/rock which only now stands out against current music but was ordinary by the high standards of it's own era. Not realy tempted to purchase myself.

Paul.

John
24-10-2012, 11:01
They also full films as well

MikeMusic
24-10-2012, 11:04
Mike.

There is some WEA stuff ! - Doors and Love. Anyway perhaps they now realise that 'sampling' is likely to generate some extra sales. None of it is in very good quality sound by current YT standards. Problem is I have most of the good stuff already. Bakerloo is solid blues/rock which only now stands out against current music but was ordinary by the high standards of it's own era. Not realy tempted to purchase myself.

Paul.

I wonder as the market become more sophisticated that people want the 'real thing' and are prepared to pay for it.
You have it right. Compared to what was around at the time it is average.
Definitely good but not good enough to take time away from the piles of albums I already have