PDA

View Full Version : The Efficacy of Acrylic

doodoos
22-10-2012, 17:49
I've always had the Musicworks mains block sat on one of their isolation stands, same with the network boxes of the speaker cables + the offboard mains supply to the cdp. All well and good. Funny thing though - had a spare isolation stand and the other day shoved it under the 4m Revive mains cable between block and wall, about .5m from the wall. Bugger me if the music seems still better separated especially the bass. Must be imagining it.... but both cd and vinyl seem noticeably improved. Or different. :)

realysm42
22-10-2012, 18:15
I can't wait to move, the way my system is laid out currently means that my mains block is sat against my shaky/noisy pc (in fact all of my cables are) and there's nothing I can do about it :(

I hope to get an Isotek conditioner at some point and isolate it properly!

awkwardbydesign
22-10-2012, 19:58
I've always had the Musicworks mains block sat on one of their isolation stands, same with the network boxes of the speaker cables + the offboard mains supply to the cdp. All well and good. Funny thing though - had a spare isolation stand and the other day shoved it under the 4m Revive mains cable between block and wall, about .5m from the wall. Bugger me if the music seems still better separated especially the bass. Must be imagining it.... but both cd and vinyl seem noticeably improved. Or different. :)
I wish you had said it makes the sound clearer.:lol: