PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow headz

lensi
22-10-2012, 00:16
Easi
I'm Lensi from London and I've been checking the Site a while now ( when time allows ) as of course there's always greats points of reference and interest. I jump in and out of what's current thinking though my set up is predominantly a fusion of 'modern' with vintage. For those that want details . .
Grey 301, Bastin tweak'd with Bastin tweak'd plinth, SME 1 12 + SPUs various, Marantz Model One Pres, Western Electric 86 amp plus others, Ongaku ( on loan ), Wadia 7 trans + AN Dac 5 Sig, various Western Electric drivers + Tannoy DTM 215s . .

Music is across the board . . . from Dudley Moore to Brian Auger to 'High life, Nigerian 70's funk, German electronica, Italo, New York deep minimal house and electronica, astral Disco and Baleric boogie . .and anything else that's working for me !

I believe 'music' is therapy and equipment the key to helping us unlock 'that' door to the magic land ; )

John
22-10-2012, 04:56
Welcome Laurence
Some nice gear you got and love your philosophy on music
Hope you enjoy the site

Tarzan
22-10-2012, 09:22
Welcome aboard Lol- Nigerian 70's Funk?

lensi
22-10-2012, 09:51
Hi Tarazn, John
Cool to be met by you both . . great to be onboard. Oh - but Do check the 70's Nigerian Funk - put goggle images and you'll see many of the re-issues of incredible music that was hidden for decades
Best
L

lensi
22-10-2012, 09:54
PS
If you wanna see a snippet of my System . .check Two Good Ears Site as Stefano apparently listed the small video I sent him regards the WE 86 amp restoration
Best
L

The Grand Wazoo
22-10-2012, 10:12
Hi Laurence,
It's nice that you found us & here's a warm welcome to the forum from me.

That sounds like an interesting system you have there - you'd make a lot of people very happy if you took some photos & posted them into the AoS Gallery.

I've not heard much West African funk, but I have a copy of 'The World Ends: Afro Rock and Psychedelia in 1970's Nigeria (Pt. 1)' which is fantastic!

Welcome once again!
Cheers

lensi
22-10-2012, 10:34
Morning Chris
Cool to meet you and sure - I'll list some images soon.

Best
Lensi

Floyddroid
22-10-2012, 11:14
:)welcome good sir, welcome

lensi
22-10-2012, 17:08
Afternoon Mr Floyd
Again, always nice to be welcomed although I trust the 'raining' quote is a 'general' one and not referring to Moi ?
L