PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden.

gamfot
19-10-2012, 19:39
Hi all . Im a blues lovin guy loooking for a new dac. Stanīs DAC is very interesting. Im mostly listen to Jimi Hendrix ,SrV....
SRVīs little wing cover is audionirvana for me. Im all into analog sounds and recording techniques. :cool:

/
Roger

Reid Malenfant
19-10-2012, 19:54
Hi Roger, welcome to the forum :) I'm going to assume that you may well have other equipment that you'll be running this new DAC with, so what is it? :D

Nothing like a list of kit to get the members drooling & possibly asking for a nice load of gallery pictures :eyebrows:

I hope you enjoy yourself here, bests to you & have a decent weekend :cool:

gamfot
19-10-2012, 20:39
Right now i have a burson audio p160 amp . I also have an mikro seiki solid TT with Audionote silver tonearmwire with an Denon Dl103R running through a croft tube riaa and a bobs devices cinemag step up into passive volume control. Speakers are Snell E3 with AN Lexus Speakerwire. Interconnects are braided solid silver wire in cotton insulation. This is a sweet warm sounding system. I like it very much the bass extension is awesome...

Regards

Roger

Reid Malenfant
19-10-2012, 20:42
Ah, you do have some nice kit Roger :D Thank you for listing it.

Once again a warm welcome, get stuck in to the rest of the forum at your free will sir :)

gamfot
19-10-2012, 20:47
Hi

Thanks m8 I will, this seems to be a very nice forum. I like it very much.:eyebrows:

Regards

Roger

Jonboy
19-10-2012, 20:51
Hello Roger and welcome from another AN fan, what part of Sweden are you from i have friends in Koping

gamfot
20-10-2012, 09:49
Hello

Thank you. Im from Stockholm. Never been to Köping.

/

Roger

Ali Tait
20-10-2012, 11:35
Hi Roger, welcome to the forum. To answer your question from the other thread, the only mod I have made to the board at the moment is to change the spdif input capacitor. I have most of the parts as per the BOM on the diyaudio thread which I will use on the board fitted to the upgraded version of the dac that Nick Gorham (Lurcher) is developing. The dac I have at the moment is really a prototype. Good as it is, I'm hoping the new version will be even better.

John
20-10-2012, 11:38
Welcome Roger
I also love little wing great track

gamfot
20-10-2012, 14:43
Hi

Ali, ok thanks! Its gonna be even better then. I have most on the mods in that thread on mine and it is really an improvement over stock. must do some reading on tube outputstages now :scratch:. Thanks for the info.

John, Yes its a masterpiece. That song is recorded in one take. That guy knew how to play...:cool:

Regards

Roger

StanleyB
20-10-2012, 18:50
Im a blues lovin guy loooking for a new dac. Stanīs DAC is very interesting. Im mostly listen to Jimi Hendrix ,

I use Jimi Hendrix tracks for R&D.

gamfot
20-10-2012, 20:11
Hi

Stan thats good news. Then it must sound good through the Bushmaster. Im all for envolving full bodied sound that captures the soul of the music. The Albert king and Stevie ray vaughan in session album is a good reference to.
Think your dac could do this well. Thats why i registered on this forum.

/

Roger

1000RPM
22-10-2012, 21:23
I'm just back from a few days in Stockholm. everyone is soooo polite!