PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Day - Led Zeppelin 2007

KC Jones
19-10-2012, 00:08
Celebration Day
The Led Zepplin docu-concert of the 2007 gig they played in memory of
Ahert Ertegun - Atlantic records bloke.

It may well have been mentioned on this site before, I don't know and maybe many of you have seen it at the cinema or on a DVD release? However last night the film arrived at the Stafford Apollo and for one night only.
So seeing as the Mrs was involved in some Offsted crap and in a moment of madness kicked over my can of beer!! I though 'I'm out of here', and deceided to take in the movie.

Last time I saw a Led Zep film at the cinema was in about 1980 - The Song Remains the Same. I remember the cinema being absolutely stacked. Last night there were about 30 people in there, but as they say in the west mids; It was absoluely bostin!! (That means beyond superlatives)
So go see.

Mika K
20-10-2012, 08:36
Here in Finland the d-day for the movie premiere (one night only) is next Monday. I have the tickets reserved already as here it gain some publicity and it seems that the movie theaters are going to be sold out.. :)

Happy Zelebration everybody!

http://media.finnkino.fi/1012/Event_8672/gallery/LedZeppelin_800z.jpg

Mika K
23-10-2012, 07:55
Went to see this yesterday evening. The cinema had about 2/3 places occupied and the atmosphere was nice.

The concert was really good eventhou had a bit of mixed feelings during the way. Jason did pretty well on the drums and despite of the ages of the main trio and some shortcomings there were some really magical moments there. Definitely something worth of checking out and buying the DVD/Blueray/whatever to your own collection if have a thing for home cinema etc. :)