PDA

View Full Version : Hello AoS!

Sound.Addict.Boy
17-10-2012, 14:14
Hello everyone,

My search for information on the Beresford Bushmaster DAC lead me to this forum. I like the way all members share information without disrespecting one another. Awesome! :)

I have a very varied taste in music & I'm always open to new styles & genres. Possibly the only music I could never graduate to is Heavy Metal & Hard Rock. Someday I'm sure I will. :D

The first 10 years of my life, I listened to what others in my household listened to. It was a slow journey from Vinyl Turntables, AM/FM Radios & then to a Cassette Player in 1988. Then in 1992, when I was 14, I stumled upon a cassette - MJ's BAD. That album changed my perception of music forever. It was my door to the other side, to the world of Audiophilia. In 2001, when I bought my first CD - The Door's Greatest Hits, I dumped my entire collection of Cassettes & moved on. I currently have my entire collection of CDs ripped as FLACs & stored in a LaCie LaCinema Mutimedia Harddrive. Now it's more of buying 24bit/96kHz FLAC downloads & swapping DACs. God alone knows what's up next! :rolleyes:

I think I'm more of a Stereophile & enjoy listening to 2 channel music much more than watching surround sound concerts & movies on a 5.1 system. I spend all my time & money searching & researching tweaks / upgrades that can improve music playback. I think I have stopped listening to music a long time ago. It's more of an analysis between different tweaks & upgrades now. No matter how much I tweak / upgrade & how much I get closer to the recording, it never seems to give me more joy or excitement like when I heard MJ's BAD album, for the first time, on a crappy cassette player back in 1992. So it's true - 'With much knowledge comes much disappointment & he who gains more knowledge will also gain more sorrow'. :scratch:

My current setup is a very simple one:
Weiduka AC8.8 Power Distribution Unit + Furutech Flow-15 EMI Filter,
LaCie LaCinema 1TB MultiMedia Player + WireWorld Supernova 6 Glass TOSLINK,
Musical Fidelity V-DAC II + Musical Fidelity V-PSU,
Grant Fidelity B-283 MKII Tube Processor + Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z Vacuum Tubes,
Topping TP-60 T-amp + Quad 11L Classic Bookshelf Speakers,
All internal fuses are Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme Silver Fuses &
All power chords, interconnects, speaker cable connectors, speaker jumpers etc are either assembled or made to order to my requirements. :mental:

I've been writing reviews on Amazon since the day the King of Pop is dead. I hope to learn a thing or two about music playback from all the experienced & senior members in this forum. Currently I'm toying with the Beresford Bushmaster DAC. ;)

Cheers! :cool:

Audio Al
17-10-2012, 14:21
:)

Thanks for the great introduction

A warm welcome from me :)

Enjoy the forum

MartinT
17-10-2012, 14:45
Welcome to AoS, Denver. Where is BOM, IN (I assume Indiana)?

The Bushmaster is a great piece of kit. Let us know if you have any questions although there are plenty of threads in the Beresford sub-forum (Beresford Banter) where you'll probably find all the answers you need.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

John
17-10-2012, 17:00
Welcome ro AOS
Great introduction

Tarzan
18-10-2012, 09:53
Welcome aboard Denver- how do you find the Topping? We like T-Amps:)