PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Stockport

rob1902
15-10-2012, 21:38
Hi all,
An introduction to my systems
I have been interested in music and Hi-Fi from an early age. My Dad had a Garrard/Wharfdale system and I was hooked.
I have had several systems - mainly based around vinyl.
Decks I have owned, in order:
Ariston RD80, Linn LP12, Thorens (several), Lenco, Garrard 401, Orbe SE.
Arms:
Manticore Mantra, Linn Basik, SME 3009, Origin Live Silver 3. Origin Live Conqueror
Cartridges:
Many but currently Van Den Hul Frog.
Phono Amp: Lehmann Black cube, Audiolab, PS Audio GCPH, Graham Slee Elevator and revellation, Leema Agena
Amplifiers:
NAD 3020, Creek 4140, Naim 32.5/140, Electrocompaniet ECI 1 and ECI 4, Cambridge Audio 840E and W, ECS EA1 monoblocks - currently looking for good preamp.
Speakers:
Swallow CM70s, Royd Edens, Ruark Crusaders, Quad 11s, Martin Logan SL3s. Not sure where to go next.
CD players:
Micromega Leader, Shanling CDT -100, Esoteric X0 3 SE.
DAC
Rega DAC, Metrum Octave
Cables: Mostly solid silver Albedo cables - Flat 1 to Monoliths.
My music is very varied but I enjoy jazz and I am a big Sinatra fan with approx 200 Sinatra LPs in my collection. I am just as likely to listen to Led Zepp as Duane Eddy. Any good music is appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you.

synsei
15-10-2012, 22:07
Hi Rob and welcome aboard mate, you've had quite a journey judging from your equipment list, in fact one could say 'You did it your way'. ;)

Reid Malenfant
15-10-2012, 22:13
Hi Robert, welcome to the forum :) That is one very expensive cartridge you have there (Frog) & from what I have read (though never experienced) a very good one :D

Hopefully you'll get some kind of idea where you want to go speaker wise in the not too distant future. In my case it can only be DIY as I'm a bit of a nutcase (& already have the drive units etc) :eyebrows:

Oh, just made me think, what musical genres do you listen to? I think you'll find we are just about all fairly broadminded here!

All the best, I hope you have an enjoyable & productive stay on AoS :cool:

rob1902
15-10-2012, 22:15
Thanks for the welcome Dave. Yes it has been something of a journey. Forgot to mention the reel to reel road I went down for some time - down to two machines now.
Love the avatar.

rob1902
15-10-2012, 22:44
Hi Robert, welcome to the forum :) That is one very expensive cartridge you have there (Frog) & from what I have read (though never experienced) a very good one :D

Hopefully you'll get some kind of idea where you want to go speaker wise in the not too distant future. In my case it can only be DIY as I'm a bit of a nutcase (& already have the drive units etc) :eyebrows:

Oh, just made me think, what musical genres do you listen to? I think you'll find we are just about all fairly broadminded here!

All the best, I hope you have an enjoyable & productive stay on AoS :cool:

Hi Mark
The Frog was expensive but it's over 10 years old and a rebuild was only £400. My music tastes range from 1950s rock to modern jazz. Being a child of the 70s and 80s I have to admit to prog rock I suppose. Don't do much classic think the Wagner killed that.
Thanks for the welcome.

John
16-10-2012, 04:38
Hi Rob
Welcome to AOS
You got a great history of gear
Hope you enjoy your stay

The Grand Wazoo
16-10-2012, 16:34
Hi Rob & welcome to AoS

corelement
16-10-2012, 17:29
Wow you have electrocompaniet ECI 1! do you still use it?

rob1902
16-10-2012, 17:37
Wow you have electrocompaniet ECI 1! do you still use it?

Hi Rahul
I should have made it clear that the list represents my history in HiFi. The ECI 1 was sold several years ago but it was on reflection the best I owned before the ECS EA1. Not child friendly though I caught my then 2 year old son with the volume control pulled off in his hand wire still attached!

rob1902
22-10-2012, 22:14
Pre amp now decided. The ECS Pre will join the EA 1 monoblocks soon.