PDA

View Full Version : Genesis ReVisited II

Sonority
15-10-2012, 20:30
Wanna hear before you buy?

I just cannot wait to get my hands on this / see it live..

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/listen-to-exclusive-stream-of-steve-hacketts-genesis-revisited-ii/

Floyddroid
06-11-2012, 22:50
http://progmeister.com/genesis-revisited-ii-steve-hackett

Please have a look at our findings at progmeister.

Floyddroid
06-11-2012, 22:54
BTW. I bought the vinyl box set and it is to die for!

sparrow
06-11-2012, 23:03
A very good double cee dee...I do feel though some of the tracks are a wee bit too faithful to the original...however it is still excellent..might get round to a vinyl copy sometime if its still available and affordable.

Clive
06-11-2012, 23:04
I'm salivating waiting for mine vinyl version to arrive!

Audioman
03-12-2012, 11:11
Had this a couple weeks now on vinyl. Thought it may be a disappointment but it's a realy good listen. SQ is fine and musicaly it does justice to the original versions. Uses a number of well known vocalists that don't make you yearn for PG or Phil C. Actualy Phil's son is involved somewhere.

Wakefield Turntables
03-12-2012, 11:32
As usual I'm a little behind with this, it was on my list of stuff to buy so will have a listen 1st and then make my mind up, thanks for the links guys :cool:

Covenant
03-12-2012, 11:39
A very good double cee dee...I do feel though some of the tracks are a wee bit too faithful to the original...however it is still excellent..might get round to a vinyl copy sometime if its still available and affordable.

100% agree with this. Apart from SH's voice it might as well be the original.

Barry
03-12-2012, 12:48
BTW. I bought the vinyl box set and it is to die for!

I think I would die listening to it. Just hearing 5 seconds of Genesis makes me want to run from the room - screaming!

Sorry ;)

Wakefield Turntables
03-12-2012, 14:36
I think I would die listening to it. Just hearing 5 seconds of Genesis makes me want to run from the room - screaming!

Sorry ;)

Oh dear, that's an extreme reaction, have you seen your gp lately :scratch:

synsei
03-12-2012, 16:25
I have been listening to GR II a lot over the past few weeks and I think it is spot on. From a personal perspective I am glad many of the tracks are so true to the originals because they now have a lot more 'oomph' and don't sound as if they are playing on a wind up gramophone... :)

Barry
03-12-2012, 16:51
Oh dear, that's an extreme reaction, have you seen your gp lately :scratch:

:lol: Might be extreme, but I have felt that way about Genesis since the mid '70s.

The curious thing is I do like some of Peter Gabriel's work and Phil Collins, both post-Genesis; though I understand others may have the same reaction to the latter. :rolleyes:

DSJR
03-12-2012, 18:09
:lol: Might be extreme, but I have felt that way about Genesis since the mid '70s.

The curious thing is I do like some of Peter Gabriel's work and Phil Collins, both post-Genesis; though I understand others may have the same reaction to the latter. :rolleyes:

"They/ve got no horns and they've got no tail, they don't even know of our existance. Am I wrong to believe in a city of gold, that lies in the deep distance?" he cried and wept.............................................. ................................................

Barry
03-12-2012, 18:18
"They/ve got no horns and they've got no tail, they don't even know of our existance. Am I wrong to believe in a city of gold, that lies in the deep distance?" he cried and wept.............................................. ................................................

??????????

DSJR
03-12-2012, 18:39
"...And so we set out with the beast and his horns, and his crazy description of home. After many days journey we came to a peak, and the beast gazed abroad and cried out. We followed his gaze and we thought, that maybe we saw, a spire of gold, no, a trick of the eye (that's all), but the beast was gone and a voice was heard...

"They've got no horns and they've got no tail, they don't even know of our existance. Am I wrong to believe in a city of gold, that lies in the deep distance ("Welcome home :)")"

Trick Of The Tail - a fantastic mid period/later album :)

Sonority
03-12-2012, 20:21
& back from the land of the Squonk..

I may have come close to wearing it out..
I absolutely love the huge majority of the albums, but have 'reservations' about a couple of tracks.
Entangled, nearly but not quiet IMO. Just loses something.
Ripples - one of my all time Genesis favourites. I just dont dig this version. I have friends that think it's fantastic. For me it lacks power and some emotion.
The rest is just stunning with so many HiLights.. Starting with Chamber of 32 doors - fantastic. Earl of Mar -> Blood on the Rooftops. Mesmerisingly beautiful melodic prog.

His upcoming shows (more just added) look like real events - shows. More akin to a Genesis gig than what he has been able to put on over the past few years. While they may not be as 'intimate' I am so looking forward to (three) of them :)
While i'm at it - Musical Box are touring The Lamb in its entireity again..

Bazil
10-12-2012, 19:14
Oh boy, oh boy oh boy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wakefield Turntables
10-12-2012, 19:57
Just bought my copy! Cant wait.