PDA

View Full Version : For sale 1770s Marantz 2252B Receiver

twotone
15-10-2012, 17:29
Hi guys, I bought this amp from Tony L on Pinkfish Media two weeks ago but I've decided to move it on.

The amp is currently at a Hi-Fi engineer's place down in England who has done some minor repair work on it.

The stereo led was faulty and he's replaced that and checked the amp out however it does need some work on it and the Hi-Fi tech recommends that the capacitors should be replaced in the near future.

As far as I'm aware the amp works but I can put any buyers in touch with the repair guy for an estimate re any work that you would want done on it.

The amp comes with the service manual and a spare bulb for the VU meters however if someone is into re-capping and DIY stuff then this might be a project.

I paid £125 for the amp plus £40 for the check and repair work so I'm really only looking to get back my money however I'm open to sensible offers.

Postage cost me £15 inc insurance from Yorkshire to Surrey where the amp is so pick up from there is possible or I can arrange a courier or, alternatively, you can arrange your own courier. Postage will be at cost.

Payment by BT or PPG, please.

There's a photo here, below, on Tony L's flickr page and I've a couple more photos if anyone's interested that I can e-mail to them.

Thanks

Tony

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55404166@N00/8047018037/

Here's a decent link with stock pics and specs guys.

http://vintageelectronics.betamaxcollectors.com/marantzstereoreceivermodel2252b.html

dantheman91
15-10-2012, 17:35
Link Not working tony.

twotone
15-10-2012, 17:44
Link Not working tony.

Thanks Dan, I've sorted it.

Cheers.

Tony

Puffin
15-10-2012, 18:06
Your ME Gethain speakers look very interesting, semi-pro? Active? What are they like?

Rob.

dantheman91
15-10-2012, 18:22
Were have your tannoys gone boyo.

twotone
15-10-2012, 18:50
Sorry guys but I'm not Tony Lonergan, those pictures are from his flickr page not mine.

I'm Tony too though, sorry for any confusion:doh:

twotone
17-10-2012, 21:20
Amp on currently on sale on e-bay and has a bid on it so can a mod close this thread please?

Thanks