PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from West London

Slawts
14-10-2012, 13:56
Hi my name's Steve and I'm a born and bred Geordie who's now spent more of his life d'aan Sarf than in his hometoon.:)

My musical tastes are mainly stuck in the 70's and for new music I seem to be heading in to the 60's.

Bands I like range from Fairport Convention to King Crimson with a lot of Todd Rundgren in between.

My hi fi is VTL valve amps with Monitor Audio Studio 20's. Most listening is vinyl on a heavily modified Goldring Lenco with Mission 774SM and Benz Micro Wood SL. It's about as good as I've ever heard in my listening room.

Cheers,

Steve

John
14-10-2012, 14:48
Welcome Steve
It be great to see some pictures of the Lenco
Hope you enjoy your stay with AOS

Slawts
14-10-2012, 18:16
Hi John,

Many thanks. I'll try and get a pic up when I can. There are some pics of it on Lenco Heaven but that was with a Hadcock 242 and Ortofon Rondo Bronze.

I'm on the case.

Cheers

Steve

Reid Malenfant
14-10-2012, 20:54
Hi Steven, welcome to the forum from me to :) What Goldring do you happen to have just out of interest?

Only reason I'm asking is because one day I threaten to do something with the G99 that is festering in the loft, & has done for about 30 years :eek:

Like John, I'd love to see pictures - no matter what the model :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Slawts
15-10-2012, 18:25
Hi RM,

Thanks for the kind welcome. This idea of introducing yourself before posting is a good one.

My Lenco isn't as droolworthy as yours. It's a GL72 which is one of the light platter models. I've replaced the old platter with a bearing and platter from a GL75 so now it's a modded heavy platter!

The lightweight wooden plinth has been replaced by a granite one. It's nowhere near as well finished as some of the guys on Lenco Heaven but I'm still very proud of it and it does sound excellent.

It replaced my LP12/Lingo/Trampolin II which I sold on recently.

Hopefully I'll get pics sorted soon. You should do something with your GL99 it's a Rolls Royce of a turntable.

Cheers,

Steve

Slawts
16-10-2012, 18:57
Hi all,

I'm going to post pictures of my Lenco in the Gallery.:)

Steve

AlfaGTV
16-10-2012, 20:18
Excellent! Looking fwd to seeing piccie's of these nice tt's!
And of course a big Welcome!

Regards Mike