PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand

Andrei
14-10-2012, 13:25
Kia Ora *

Hello from New Zealand / Aotearoa* / godzone bla bla

I am from Napier in New Zealand. I have been a lurker on this site for many months but THEN: two events happened. One was I read in a Hi-Fi mag (HI-Fi Choice I think) that Mark Grants cables were the ubers. I remembered his name from some thread in the forum and was seriously impressed. The other (related) point is that I have a question about cables and it relates to Mark Grant Cables. I will ask that question in due course (if NZ subsribers are not persona non grata since a certain rugby event).

Besides all that what I liked about this forum was the attitude of the members. I read a thread where there was a 'difference of opinion' and nobody insulted the other.

As for me: 53, 3 kids, ex amateur choirister, lawyer, monstrous Stravinsky collection. Will post system etc - I promise!

Regards, Andrei

* Maori for Hello and Nuzilland

Tim
14-10-2012, 14:32
Nau mai Andrei,

Always good to have visitors from the land of the long white cloud :)

Glad to see you out of 'lurkdom' too and as you have sussed, we are a friendly bunch here and there are I think some Stravinsky fans too!

Have fun and enjoy your stay, I love NZ and may possibly look to retire there one day, depending on finances. Nice place Napier too, my memories are the wonderful Art Deco buildings.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and let us know some more about your system?

Tim

corelement
14-10-2012, 18:41
Welcome! I'm headed to NZ next year! :)

Reid Malenfant
15-10-2012, 19:42
Hi Andrei, a warm welcome to the forum from me as well :) I think half of the UK would just love to up sticks & move to NZ if the truth be known, never visited myself, but it's one place I'd truly like to :)

As Tim said, I hope you enjoy your stay with us :cool: