PDA

View Full Version : Hi

corelement
14-10-2012, 04:55
Decided it was time to join some other forums around the world :) I'm from hifivision

Hows it going all :)

My setup is a Jamo concert 8 with seas excel drivers and cambridge audio azur 840a using a xonar STX as the source. Bogdan Audio Goldy silver coated copper IC with Eichmann bullets :)

My setup :)

http://i.imgur.com/aaJGr.jpg

John
14-10-2012, 05:51
Hi Rahul
Welcome to AOS
About 8 years ago I used to have a pair of Jamo 8
What music do you like to listen too

Alex_UK
14-10-2012, 06:49
Hi Rahul, welcome to AoS from me too - hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Tim
14-10-2012, 12:24
Hi Rahul and welcome to AoS from me . . .that's a nice tidy room you have there, a man after my own heart ;)

Enjoy your stay and whereabouts in India are you?

Tim

corelement
14-10-2012, 18:24
Hi Rahul
Welcome to AOS
About 8 years ago I used to have a pair of Jamo 8
What music do you like to listen too

Oh nice :) What are your thoughts on them and what speakers have you gone through over the years?

I listen to a lot of different genres of music. Starting from vintage Bengali and Hindi songs to western oldies, country, new age, electronic, trance, to japanese teen bands. :P So it's pretty all over the place.

The concert 8 is special to me because I am very fond of it's vocal delivery and unique lower mid frequency reproduction.
I've heard other bookshelves like the usher be 718 or kef ref 202/2 or sonus faber concerto and b&w 805. But the vocals on the concert 8's bring me back to them :)

I have yet to hear Harbeths and lowthers. People say they are the endgame speakers for many audiophiles. I'm still loving my concert 8's so I don't see myself changing speakers for many years :)

I'm at the moment searching for an Electrocompaniet ECI 2 integrated stereo. You guys wouldnt happpen to know where I can find one would you?

Hi Rahul, welcome to AoS from me too - hope you enjoy the forum. :)

thank you!

Thanks alex, I have

Hi Rahul and welcome to AoS from me . . .that's a nice tidy room you have there, a man after my own heart ;)

Enjoy your stay and whereabouts in India are you?

Tim

Lol yeah I'm one of those people who don't buy anything they won't use. Everything has a set function that's used every now and then :)

I'm in New Delhi atm but Originally from Calcutta. I'm headed off to New Zealand next year.

John
14-10-2012, 20:26
I gone through quite a few speakers since the concert 8, not a great rock speaker but if you into more vocal mid range then can see why you like them and if you enjoy them; stick with them.
Some of the the speakers I had since the Jamo which were my first proper speakers
Wilson Benesch Actors, Silverline SR17 and Wharfedale Opus 3 Now use Open baffles

corelement
15-10-2012, 05:41
I gone through quite a few speakers since the concert 8, not a great rock speaker but if you into more vocal mid range then can see why you like them and if you enjoy them; stick with them.
Some of the the speakers I had since the Jamo which were my first proper speakers
Wilson Benesch Actors, Silverline SR17 and Wharfedale Opus 3 Now use Open baffles

This is 100% true. I listen to rock music too and I completely agree they aren't great rock speakers, they're not good electronic music speakers either!

From what I know Lynn Olson designed the concert 8's and got custom seas w17 drivers specifically with vocal transparency in mind.

It's quite evident because even in rock, with other speakers I can juuust about make out the lyrics, but with the concert 8's.... the lyrics... are simply handed out to the listener on a silver platter!
Like I can actually UNDERSTAND what the song is singing about instead of TRYING to understand what the song is singing about.

This is a quality I'm finding very hard to find in other speakers below 4000 USD. My only complaint about it would be that it's a tad too bright by default.
I went with solid core hyperlitz configuration interconnects and eichmann bullets specifically to control the brightness, without this it's too bright by default.

But I'm thinking of an amplifier change to something like the electrocompaniet ECI 2 or valves. Any suggestions?

MartinT
15-10-2012, 05:55
Hi Rahul and welcome to AoS.

Is 'hifivision' a dealership, in which case we need to make your membership a trade account?

corelement
15-10-2012, 06:13
Hi Rahul and welcome to AoS.

Is 'hifivision' a dealership, in which case we need to make your membership a trade account?

Oh no no hifivision is another audio and video community :) I started my online audiophile journey from there :) Thank you for the welcome btw :)

John
15-10-2012, 06:14
Totally agree about the Concert 8 being to bright it was the other reason I could not live with them, a good tube amp is probarly their best match