PDA

View Full Version : Keep Your Distance!

Puffin
11-10-2012, 17:31
Does anyone else alter the position of their "chair" or settee, or their speakers?

I get restless legs, hands, brain:mental: a fair bit, but try to keep my Aspergers in check and limit the disruption to "normal service" as little as possible, but every now and then I think I will "try something new".

My experience is that it can give a whole new perspective on the way you listen. The other day I moved my chair about 6" nearer the speakers (that was after having rearranged the whole set-up and then put it back exactly where it had been:scratch:). Have lost a bit of low end, but the level of detail is astonishing:eek:

Firebottle
11-10-2012, 17:46
I have played with the positioning of my 'stats', they are a little bit directional, as you might know.
I like to have the chair right on the centre line of the room, then the soundstage is sooo deep and transparent it's .... well just bl**dy wonderful :eek:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/Paramotorpilot/ESL57.jpg?t=1242106388

Have just listened to Madness by Muse, what a fantastic bass line :D
Cheers, Alan

Puffin
11-10-2012, 18:41
My guestimate of the distance I have "moved" was a bit out. It is about 12" (Ooerr missus). But, as they say, you can't have everything....as I have a bit of boom at prob
2 - 300Hz, moving the sofa back slightly will deal with it, but then I lose some of that glorious detail.....:rolleyes:

Puffin
11-10-2012, 18:43
I have played with the positioning of my 'stats', they are a little bit directional, as you might know.
I like to have the chair right on the centre line of the room, then the soundstage is sooo deep and transparent it's .... well just bl**dy wonderful :eek:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/Paramotorpilot/ESL57.jpg?t=1242106388

Have just listened to Madness by Muse, what a fantastic bass line :D
Cheers, Alan

Wall stats...I thought that was just for accountants:D

morris_minor
11-10-2012, 18:50
I knew there had to be one advantage to being in a wheelchair, and this is it: infinitely moveable listening position. With white tape on the floor to place the wheels - like an F1 grid - the right position is always repeatable!

Well, the tape's a joke - 'er indoors wouldn't go for that - but it is easier to get the right spot. . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Puffin
11-10-2012, 19:24
I knew there had to be one advantage to being in a wheelchair, and this is it: infinitely moveable listening position. With white tape on the floor to place the wheels - like an F1 grid - the right position is always repeatable!

Well, the tape's a joke - 'er indoors wouldn't go for that - but it is easier to get the right spot. . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice one:)