PDA

View Full Version : Thanks all!

IanL1962
07-10-2012, 20:45
Until a couple of months ago I'd never heard of AoS, and my hi-fi upgrade/purchasing route was dictated by a well known (now) TV magazine.

Since discovering AoS not only has my upgrade/purchasing route changed you've also managed to save me money and improve my listening pleasure out of all recognition. My next purchase was to have been a Marantz PM6004 to complement my Marantz CD6003, however, a local hi-fi shop had mentioned a DAC as the next suggested upgrade. It was whilst Googling DACs that I became aware of AoS through the rave reviews for Stan Beresford's Bushmaster. I 'signed up' and reading the threads was enough to convince me that I wanted one - I promptly bought one, and have been blown away with the it. More thread reading brought Mark Grant to my attention, and on his advice I have just taken delivery of a 1m Supra Trico with Eichmann Silver Bullet plugs (alloy body) and I haven't stopped smiling all weekend!

All for far less than the cost of a PM6004 - and I suspect far, far more improvement in SQ!

MartinT
07-10-2012, 20:54
Nice one, Ian. I think we all have AoS to thank for bringing us a little closer to the music. Doing it without great cost is the icing on the cake.

Floyddroid
08-10-2012, 06:20
:)Indeed.

i have really enjoyed being a member of AOS. I think it has a lot to do with it's ethos. There seems to be a lot more respect for one another on this forum. I too have recieved a lot of help from this great community.
Totally agree with Mr T, getting more out of your system and getting closer to the music shouldn't cost you price of a decent bungelow.

Marco
08-10-2012, 08:35
Thanks for your comments, Ian - I'm glad you like it here and are settling in nicely.

You get out of AoS what you put into it, so always ask any questions you would like answered, no matter how 'daft' they might seem, as no-one will judge you here, but will simply seek to help. Therefore, please continue contributing to discussions and remain an active part of our community :)

Totally agree with Mr T, getting more out of your system and getting closer to the music shouldn't cost you price of a decent bungelow.

Thanks, Steve. I completely agree.

AoS will always be a 'punters first' forum, where the best interests of genuine enthusiasts will always be the priority - not pandering to the sensibilities of the cynical side of the 'high-end' audio industry. Showing people how to get the highest possible 'sound per pound value' from their system will always be a core part of our ethos, as will be maintaining a friendly community, devoid of the endless fighting seen elsewhere.

Enjoy! :cool:

Marco.