I'd want to hear it first for £850!

I did , took a cassette with me ;)

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 15:48
And?

Audio Al
07-10-2012, 18:19
And?

It sounded good to me ( But who am I :lol:)

Rare Bird
07-10-2012, 19:05
How much was the Tandberg 'TR-2025' Reciever?

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 19:13
It sounded good to me ( But who am I :lol:)

If it sounded breathtaking it was in the right zone! If not, you were right to pass!

Audio Al
07-10-2012, 19:30
If it sounded breathtaking it was in the right zone! If not, you were right to pass!

Difficult to say if it was breathtaking , The people in the hall were all trying to out talk each other volume wise , and the next stall holder had music playing as well so the sound was all mixed up

Don't think it would go down too well if I shouted SHUT UP

:lol:

Effem
07-10-2012, 19:40
I see a trend starting here . . . . .

A valve revival, a vinyl revival and now a blooming cassette tape revival.

I'm off out tomorrow buying every wind-up gramophone I can lay my hands on BEFORE the revival period starts :ner:

:eyebrows:

WOStantonCS100
07-10-2012, 21:33
I see a trend starting here . . . . .

A valve revival, a vinyl revival and now a blooming cassette tape revival.

I'm off out tomorrow buying every wind-up gramophone I can lay my hands on BEFORE the revival period starts :ner:

I'm just going to buy aging performers. :wheniwasaboy:

StanleyB
07-10-2012, 21:39
II'm off out tomorrow buying every wind-up gramophone I can lay my hands on BEFORE the revival period starts :ner:

There is one on eBay HERE (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-ACADEMY-WIND-UP-GRAMOPHONE-/300753611896?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Te lephony_SM&hash=item46064fec78) but I think THIS ONE (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HMV-Gramophone-windup-5b-portable-working-His-Masters-Voice-with-78s-vintage-/120996354548?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Te lephony_SM&hash=item1c2bf1d9f4) is a better bet if the records are included :lol:.

Marco
08-10-2012, 08:50
At the Audio jumble today...

A NAC DRAGON only 850 , you said you would go to 3.50 so I left it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/IMG_2000.jpg

Hehehehe... You can continue keeping an eye out for me, though. You never know, one day we might get lucky! :eyebrows:

Thanks for taking some really good pics of the event. I've wanted to see properly for years what it looks like inside the venue, but that lazy sod, Adam Smith, has an aversion to using a camera!! ;)

Marco.

Macca
08-10-2012, 12:19
Thanks for taking some really good pics of the event. I've wanted to see properly for years what it looks like inside the venue,
Marco.

And lo and behold it is a sports centre gymnasium with some tressell tables set up.

What did you imagine it would be like? Did you think Adam was holding out on you? :lol:

Marco
08-10-2012, 12:30
Lol!! I wanted an idea of how big the venue was inside, the set-up that existed, and an idea of the type of merchandise on sale. Fortunately, Al's pictures provided all of that :)

Marco.

Beobloke
08-10-2012, 12:35
Thanks for taking some really good pics of the event. I've wanted to see properly for years what it looks like inside the venue, but that lazy sod, Adam Smith, has an aversion to using a camera!! ;)

Marco.

:ner:

Actually on this occasion, if you'd seen the Smith Range Rover as it arrived, there wasn't even room for a camera memory card after I'd packed all my gear for sale into it, let alone a camera!

Another great event and no purchases by me, other than some vinyl and a couple of old mags, although there was a Thorens TD-224 being sold by a French chap and carrying a rather optimistic price tag of €3000 which I briefly drooled over. Interestingly the only other item that really caught my eye was on the same stall as the Dragon but was again priced a little optimistically I felt, especially as it had a few 'issues'. I have taken the seller's number though....:eyebrows:

Marco
08-10-2012, 12:47
Actually on this occasion, if you'd seen the Smith Range Rover as it arrived, there wasn't even room for a camera memory card after I'd packed all my gear for sale into it, let alone a camera!

Tiny mobile phones have built-in cameras these days. If you could've fitted your purse into your handbag, then you could've also fitted a mobile phone in there!! :exactly:

So don't give me your silly excuses, shweety... :nono:

;)

Marco.

Audio Al
08-10-2012, 12:48
I wanted an idea of how big the venue was inside

A second smaller hall at the rear of the venue aw well ,

I was about to go home and nearly missed it , not signed very well

Beobloke
08-10-2012, 18:54
Tiny mobile phones have built-in cameras these days. If you could've fitted your purse into your handbag, then you could've also fitted a mobile phone in there!! :exactly:

So don't give me your silly excuses, shweety... :nono:

;)

Marco.

Sorry luv, I don't take pictures with my mobile phone. :nono:

Just like I don't watch TV on a laptop or listen to music on a computer!

:D

Marco
08-10-2012, 19:14
Sorry luv, I don't take pictures with my mobile phone :nono:

Digital cameras aren't much bigger... You could've slipped one down your knickers - no shortage of room in there!! :D :lol:

Marco.