PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury 2013

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 09:26
Booked! We've been unlucky for a few years and I've really missed it. The only chance I get to see live music these days!

Roll on next year :)

jollyfix
07-10-2012, 09:44
Glasto 2013, god will start working at xmas time. I have worked there now for over 20yrs. Glad for the year off, apart from the Pilton party in sep (didnt like the bands this year).

Tim
07-10-2012, 09:48
Nice one Nick, never done Glasto, but maybe one day ;)
Just checked the site half the tickets gone already.

Just a question Nick which you might know the answer to? The registration which takes place before the tickets go on sale - is that number limited, or can many more people than the number of tickets available pre-register, then its a scramble for tickets, or is the number of registrations the same number as the number of tickets available?

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 09:54
Yep, we have booked also. Looking forward to it already!

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 11:09
Just a question Nick which you might know the answer to? The registration which takes place before the tickets go on sale - is that number limited, or can many more people than the number of tickets available pre-register, then its a scramble for tickets, or is the number of registrations the same number as the number of tickets available?

Registrations aren't limited, and are good for future Glastonbury's once you've done it once. The process is designed to make bulk-purchase 'impossible' for unnamed individuals. Ie you can only buy tickets for pre-registered, named people. I think it also stops spur of the moment purchases, which probably benefits those that really really want to go.

I feel lucky this year. One year we had to buy tickets and ID on eBay! And last time we missed out completely when we couldn't get through on the website for 4 hours or more...

Once upon a time we could go down the ticket shop in town and buy them. Before it went all Babylon :)

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 11:20
The secret to doing it is to band together. There are about 20 of us who are registered, and at least one of that 20 will get through. We keep a speadsheet with everyone's contact details, and whoever gets through gets tickets for everyone. We've never failed for the last 12 festivals.

A close run thing this year though, I think the tickets were all sold about half an hour after we got ours.

Tim
07-10-2012, 11:58
That's good to know, thanks guys - I think I will register next year in that case.

How does that work Ali, what if more than 1 of the 20 gets through at the same time, wouldn't you then have twice (or possibly more) the number of tickets you wanted, or am I being a bit thick :scratch:

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 13:42
You just need to be organised. Easiest way to do it is appoint a "leader" for say six people, one who is willing to pay all the £50 deposits for his group. If they get through, they pay for their group first, then contact another "leader" who will have all their group's details ready, and get the other group's tickets, and so on till all have their tickets. Once someone gets through, they can keep going back in and buying more tickets, as long as you have everyone's email and reg number to hand, and of course the card details for those who are paying the deposits. Simples!

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 14:27
Once a registered number has a ticket it can't get another one. At least that's how it should work; there may be issues if the two purchases are literally seconds apart, but that's going to be unlikely.

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 15:22
No, what I am saying is, once you have got in and bought your two tickets, you refresh the page and it will allow you to put another email and reg number in. It has to work like this IMHO, otherwise how would big groups that have been going for years (like ours) be able to get tickets for the whole group.

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 15:29
Agreed, I was just clarifying the situation where Tim was asking about ending up with multiple tickets for the same person :)

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 15:40
:doh: Sorry Nick, yes I see.

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 15:40
Perhaps we can meet up for that long postponed beer this time!

Sonority
07-10-2012, 15:45
For the lucky ones :-)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/glastonbury-tickets-sell-record-time-133330390.html

Beechwoods
07-10-2012, 15:49
Perhaps we can meet up for that long postponed beer this time!

I would like that! Kids are older now, they can be dragged around to do Dad's things more :) :)

Ali Tait
07-10-2012, 16:00
Cool, we'll sort it nearer the time.

Tim
07-10-2012, 16:36
Thanks again guys, makes sense now and I will be registering next year.