PDA

View Full Version : Cables for sale

Effem
06-10-2012, 15:29
A 1 metre pair of Randall Research TX interconnects. Originally cost around the £300 mark when new. Somewhere on the forum is the comments left when Jerry sold his set. Exquisite, detailed, rich and sublime sound for the asking price of a mere £38.00 plus £3.50 postage so it's a true no-brainer.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/kernowman/Hi-Fi/randall.jpg

Next up is a 1 metre pair of what doesn't look all that pretty but the ingredients are pretty tasty. Made with Neotech 22AWG UP-OCC wire with a set of Furutech RCA connectors which cost over £40 on their own and the Neotech wire isn't cheap either. Having the return wire soldered to the outside of the plug is a bit unsightly but connection-wise it's better than any small internal tag and no chance of short circuits either :D I didn't build this before anyone asks :eyebrows: Sound is very clean and fast. £30 inc post.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/kernowman/Hi-Fi/neotech.jpg

Next up is a set of interconnects and speaker cables from our old friends Belkin. The interconnect is the original WHITE sleeved variant

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/kernowman/Hi-Fi/belkin_inters.jpg

and the speaker cables are the bog standard 2.5 metre set and included is some additional screw-on spade and banana plugs. Both for £12.00 plus £6.00 postage - it is heavy stuff :eyebrows:

Covenant
06-10-2012, 15:45
Confusingly, it was me Jerry that bought the Randalls off Jerry. I am pleased with 'em and think they are better than NVA Sound Pipes which are expensive so a good buy I reckon.

Effem
06-10-2012, 16:15
Randalls and Belkin are now spoken for :eyebrows:

DaveK
06-10-2012, 16:21
Frank, if the third pair are still available please put my name on 'em.
Dave.

Wilbur
06-10-2012, 16:40
Shit-missed again...:doh:

rusty bearing
06-10-2012, 18:07
Would have had the Randalls meself, life can be so cruel sometimes!

Alex_UK
06-10-2012, 21:30
I reckon you could have sold the Randalls 10 times over, Frank... I don't need or want new cables and even I was pee'd off I didn't get them! :lol:

Effem
07-10-2012, 09:39
All the cables are now sold. Thanks chaps :)

DaveK
11-10-2012, 20:37
Wilbur or anyone else, if you are still interested in the second item of cables above, described as: -
" a 1 metre pair of what doesn't look all that pretty but the ingredients are pretty tasty. Made with Neotech 22AWG UP-OCC wire with a set of Furutech RCA connectors which cost over £40 on their own and the Neotech wire isn't cheap either. Having the return wire soldered to the outside of the plug is a bit unsightly but connection-wise it's better than any small internal tag and no chance of short circuits either I didn't build this before anyone asks Sound is very clean and fast. £30 inc post."
I am happy to pass them on for what I paid for them, £30 inc post. I stress that there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, indeed they are very good cables indeed, but I prefer what they temporarily replaced - possibly a synergy thing or just my cloth ears ;) .
PM me if interested and it will be 'first come, first served' if there's a rush :lol: .
Dave.